FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Any tips for keeping track of fizzles?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

goonie888

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:55 pm

Any tips for keeping track of fizzles?

For those of you who box multiple casters, do you have any tricks for keeping track of when your casters fizzle or have their spells interrupted? I try to keep up on my tank's window, but it gets hectic and I find I just try scanning for red text on the tiny boxes below.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:35 pm

Re: Any tips for keeping track of fizzles?

Send a keypress to the desired caster window to activate an in-game social as opposed to the keybind to cast the spell. For example:

In-game EQ Social:
Name: Nuke
Line 1: /pause 6, /cast 1
Line 2: /cast 1

Put that social on your EQ hotbar. Let's say you put the social in Hotbar 1 Button 1. Then in ISBoxer, set up a mapped key to send "1" to the caster. The "/pause 6" in the social will recast if the spell fizzles the first time.

One can also purchase the AA Mastery of the Past which makes spells up to a certain level impossible to fizzle.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:55 am

Re: Any tips for keeping track of fizzles?

I just spam my ISB hotkeys. Seems to work just fine. If the spell fizzled, it casts it again.

Tat

Oh, also, I have the group leader spell awareness AA. So I see in my main window: "Snookims cast <Ensorcelling Wave>" or something like that. If I don't see that, it fizzled.

Also, you could add audio triggers to your toons, set to trigger on "fizzle". A different sound for each window, and you would know which one fizzled.

Return to EverQuest