How to: Heal a pet tank w/o needing its name

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redgiant

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:01 am

How to: Heal a pet tank w/o needing its name

I have seen this asked before, so here is how I do it:

Mapped Key 'Pet Tank Heal' for my cleric, execute when 'pressed OR released':

Cleric is MyHealer, and mage with pet is MyMage.

Steps
1: Variable Keystroke Action for Target=Character:MyHealer Variable Keystroke=Target Slot 1 (whatever slot the pet class is from MyHealer's POV)
2a: repeat step (1) exactly
2b: Keystroke Action for Target=Character:MyHealer Key Combination=Alt+1 (whatever direct spell gem or social macro your heal spell is)

The main point is to do a double targeting of the same slot in 1 and 2a, and with pressed OR released semantics it will heal the pet in the chosen group member slot in one keystroke.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 5:57 am

Re: How to: Heal a pet tank w/o needing its name

That will not work if the pet owner is targeted to start with, only if the target box is empty, the pet is already the current target, or a mob is targeted. For example, if the pet owner is the current target in F2, double tapping F2 is going to put you right back on the owner instead of the pet.

The easiest method is to assign the pet to an /xtarget slot. It's no fail targeting in addition to saving a keypress.

The complicated method is a virtual pet heal in conjunction with a conditional mapped key based upon the last action being a heal, assist, and/or potentially /follow if your driving with the pet owner:

Semantically:

Mapped Key 1: If Pet
Action: Pet heal is now zero tap target (you don't need to target, you're already on the pet)

Mapped Key 2: If Pet Owner
Action: Pet heal is now single tap to target

Mapped Key 3: If Enemy
Action: Pet heal is now double tap to target.

At which point:

Mapped Key: Assist
Action 1: Do assist
Action 2: Do If Enemy

Mapped Key: Heal Pet Owner
Action 1: Spell Gem/social or whatever is used to single target heal
Action 2: Do If Pet Owner

Mapped Key: Heal Pet
Action 1: Do Pet Heal
Action 2: Do If Pet

Red Text = Edited for posterity
Last edited by firescue17 on Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
<<

redgiant

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:47 am

I agree, except I am playing on Fippy and it is only up to DoDH (Extended Target won't be in-game until Underfoot).

But I'll play around with it in light of those issues.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:09 pm

I hijacked the IFF logic from the Runes of Magic "Do It Yourself Combat Editor" DIYCE 1.0 [EDITED 2018-03-23: Deprecated Link] and DIYCE 2.0 [EDITED 2018-03-23: Deprecated Link]. You may find something of interest if you're familiar with the game. The Lua is mostly semantic and easy to read even if you're not.

RoM allows Lua scripting and is, therefore, more much more robust and elegant than cobbling together Mapped Keys for EQ. However, with some patience and flowcharting, one can create a pretty flawless team dynamic for EQ.

Keep in mind ISBoxer doesn't know anything about EQ, it's current state, or what's going to happen next. ISBoxer only "knows" what you last told it via the most recent keypress. Furthermore, you only have one opportunity to set a "Variable Keystroke" or "New Mapped Key Virtualization" which is *Right Now* when you press a key. Everything is completely static.

In RoM Lua, IfEnemy functions similar to getElementById(Target). As that function doesn't exist in EQ, you have to mimic it by recognizing and capturing target changes from Fkeys, /target, and /assist. At which point, if you 1) /assist; Do IF Enemy, then 2) tab and mouse click something, the whole shebang is going to fall apart.

Return to EverQuest