FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Virtual Mapped Keys are not being called

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redgiant

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:19 pm

Virtual Mapped Keys are not being called

I have the following set up as it pertains to this. I am trying to virtually override Wizard from Base callouts for things like DoBestSingle damage binding. So I do this from a Wizards set (so multiple wizards I might have all share the same override), and not from the Wiz1 individual character. I invoke the Combat AllBestSingle mapping which I thought should in turn cause this virtualization to happen, eventually using the Wizards' definition of what DoBestSingle is (same idea for the other character sets which I divide up by class).

Nothing happens when I invoke AllBestSingle though.

Characters
Mag1
Wiz1
Clr1
Character Sets
All
Mag1
Clr1
Wiz1
Wizards
Wiz1
Keymaps (I tried various combinations here, not really understanding what effect if any it might have)
Wizards
Combat
Base
Virtual Mapped Keys
DoBestSingle in Base key map is now DoBestSingle in Wizard key map
Keymaps
Combat
Mapped Keys
AllBestSingle
1: DoBestSingle in Base key map -> all
Base
Mapped Keys
DoBestSingle
(empty step 1)
Wizard
Mapped Keys
DoBestSingle
(presses Alt+1)
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:08 pm

Re: Virtual Mapped Keys are not being called

None of this makes any sense without your profile.
<<

redgiant

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:50 am

I pasted it here.
<<

Alge

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:28 am

Which Character Set are you launching through Inner Space? If it is the "All" Character Set then the Mapped Key Virtualisation you did in the Wizards Character Set is going to be ignored (because that Character Set isn't loaded). Instead you should do that exact same Mapped Key Virtualisation at the Character level, i.e. for the Character Fuser.
<<

redgiant

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:25 pm

Yes, I load 'All' to start up everyone.

Okay, that answers an underlying question about set compositing. Everything is tied to the exact set used, not a logical subset based solely on resolving down to individual characters.

You can probably see what I was going for, assuming it supported logical sets. I want to set up wizard-related virtual overrides for "all wizards I have", not have to repeat it for say 3 of them (and I can't put it at the All level since its a mixed group with separate class-based overrides for them too).

So I incorrectly assumed I could set up arbitrary groupings of characters for mapping purposes, but everything is tied to the literal single set that was loaded. I guess I will now think of them as Login Character Sets and not Grouping Character Sets.

Is that how people do this sort of thing then, they repeat all those mappings N times for a subset of characters of the same class that they want to behave the same?

EDIT: Ah maybe I get it now, sine you can add references to either Characeter Sets or individual Characters under a specific Key map, that is how you can do what I want; make a separate Key Map for each reason of subsetting, and hang the correct Character(s) off of each of them. Right?
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:37 pm

redgiant wrote: ... I want to set up wizard-related virtual overrides for "all wizards I have" ...

You may find the use of an ATG (Action Target Group) useful. Create an ATG "Wizards" and assign whatever characters to that ATG regardless of Character Set. Then as opposed to sending an Action to a specific Character, Character Set, or Slot, you send "DoBestSingle -> Wizards."
<<

Alge

Post Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:21 pm

redgiant, take a look at the Pro configuration on the wiki. It covers what you are trying to achieve in considerably more detail and will give you a foundation that is both extensible and flexible.
<<

redgiant

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:51 am

That is exactly the ticket. I guess I keep reinventing a wheel that is already rolling.

Btw, where is this advance option shown below? I see it in the PRO guide but I can't find where it is in ISBoxer:

... 'It is also recommended to use the "Do not advance to the next step for ___ seconds" feature with Round-robin. ' ...
<<

Kaische

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:14 am

hehe, find waldo:

sorry for the joke, if you click on a step it is in the right buttom pane directly on top over the other settings :)
<<

redgiant

Post Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:48 am

DOH, I saw that a bit after I posted, in plain sight eh.

Return to EverQuest