<<

redgiant

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:35 pm

Problem with <Target Slot {SLOT}> -> all other

I modified the supplied 'Assist Me' Mapped Key to use these steps:

1: <Attack Target> -> self
2: <Target Slot {SLOT}> -> all other
3: <Assist Target> -> all other

<Attack Target> and <Assist Target> are Variable Keystrokes with Default Key Combinations of NUM 2 and NUM 9, resp. (which I in turn have mapped to hotbar'd socials in-game). I use Step 1 to make pets attack, which is why I added it.

However, step 2 never happens. The other slots do not target the active slot, which I presume is what <Target Slot {SLOT}> dynamically means. I pressed Alt+A twice but it is still set to 'release or down' behavior anyhow, and keymaps are on.

One note: I had retyped step 2 after having deleted the step while messing around with the initial 2-step version, just in case there is something funky about typing in {SLOT} since it isn't a dropdown choice.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:43 pm

Re: Problem with <Target Slot {SLOT}> -> all other

In order for Target Slot {SLOT} to work, you must have configured the per-slot targeting Variable Keystrokes. You have to configure it because what button each window needs to press to target the guy in a given Slot, is going to be a different button. For example, it might be F2 in one window, and F3 in another, depending on how the game presents the list of people in your group.

Common modifications: The game's Key Bindings walks you through setting this up; there's also a video, and a post by Alge here in the EverQuest forum covering this topic specifically for EQ1.
<<

redgiant

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:40 pm

Re: Problem with <Target Slot {SLOT}> -> all other

Thanks, that fixed it.

I have another issue making virtualization keymappings work but I'll post that separately.

Return to EverQuest