FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

/target X;/cast # without using social macros?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

redgiant

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:43 am

/target X;/cast # without using social macros?

I am new to ISBoxer, and for the life of me I can't figure out how to have my cleric do this in one key trigger:

/target A; /cast 8
/target B; /cast 8
/target C; /cast 8

i.e buf everyone in group. I don't see how to /target different people and cast a specific spell on each person without explicitly setting a social button just to /target each different group member.

I was hoping there is a ISB way to generate a '/target X; /cast Y; /pasue Z' command sequence as input instead of relying on using a social to do sequencing like that.
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:50 am

Re: /target X;/cast # without using social macros?

Unless the game provides some way to perform multiple game actions with a single input action you cannot do it using ISBoxer (by design - that is automation).

If you want to perform a series of Actions in order in ISBoxer you need to use Steps in a Mapped Key. A Mapped Key set to activate on press or release with 6 steps could do what you wanted but it would require 3 key presses.

Step 1: target A
Step 2: cast 8
Step 3: target B
Step 4: cast 8
Step 5: target C
Step 6: cast 8

You may find this thread helpful as well.
<<

redgiant

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Thanks for the info, very helpful.

Just so I understand the overall context and intent, ISBoxer purposely does not self-macro these sorts of sequences, choosing to play on 'edge triggers' like button down/up correct?

It could do it since they have their own input loop that can intercept keys and mouse events and synthesize whatever they want as 'real' input like typed commands and such, but purposely was written not to support endless sequences of synthesis caused by a single input event, perhaps to avoid eggregious violation of what the MMOs want to allow tools to affect in their gameplay.

Is that about right?
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:31 pm

Yes

Return to EverQuest