FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hey, I'm right HERE!!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:18 pm

Hey, I'm right HERE!!

Sorry for the silly title :)

When I box, I have all three chars with group invis on the same hotkey, and just out of habit over the years, I'm pretty much invis everywhere I go, no matter who's driving.

So I'm constantly getting to a quest giver, turning on broadcast, and see my hails ignored :( Now, what I'm looking for is a simple way to quickly drop invis for the whole group, and go on with the quest-getting. However, as of now, I'm swapping to each char, scanning the buff window for the invis buff (which can vary depending on who was driving when I invis'd) and clicking it off. Very slow and tedious.

But what I can't figure out, is a simple way to drop invis reliably, quickly, and easily. How do you guys do it?

Thanks,

Tat
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:25 pm

Re: Hey, I'm right HERE!!

Break Invisibility
Step 1: Target F2 - (Between boxes and mercs there's always someone in this slot)
Step 2: /attack on to all w/Current
Step 3: /attack off to all w/Current

You can expand upon that method if it's a task / monster mission / raid you're farming. In another Mapped Key:
Step 1: Do Break Invisibility
Step 2: /target <NPC> to Group Leader
Step 3: /say <dialogue to get the DZ or Task> to Group Leader
... (Do Not Advance for X seconds) to allow the instance to populate
Step 4: /say <dialogue to zone in> to all w/Current

As referenced in other threads, I would recommend sending a simulated text string to spell out "/attack on" and "/attack off" as opposed to toggling "Q" or whatever your auto attack key is.

First of all, spelling out "/attack on/off" is 100% reliable in ensuring your characters' combat states are synced in the event of the EQ targeting bug where a mob dies to a damage shield without clearing the target window or automatically turning off auto attack.

Secondly, if you store "/attack on/off" in separate keymaps, it allows you call "/attack off" via Do Mapped Key in any other Key Map. For example:

Selos:
Keypress Down: Do Attack off to all w/Current
Keypress Up: Do Selos to Bard

Group Invisiblity:
Keypress Down: Do Attack off to all w/Current
Keypress Up: Do Shared Camouflage to Druid

Some other places to implement this:
In a Campfire Clicky Mapped Key as that clicky doesn't break invisibility;
Magus / Dranik's Scar / OOT / Direwind Cliffs Griffon translocates, etc.

I can post some screen shots if you need.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:23 am

Wow, nice ideas, thanks for the help :)

by the way, what is the Direwind griffon translocate?

Thanks,

Tat
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:48 am

<<

tatanka7th

Post Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:13 am

Thanks for the reference. I wasn't playing during TSS, so I missed out on a lot of the details for that expansion.

I also came up with a way to solve the invis issue. I have my buff clickies loaded in the same place on all chars, so I just added a repeater region over that spot, and when I want to drop invis, I just click one of the hotkeys, and all three chars cast a clicky self-buff, dropping invis.

I'll implement your suggestion at some point, because I won't likely have self-buff clickies for low level chars, but this was quick and dirty, and works for now.

Tat

Return to EverQuest