FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Up and running!

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ataal

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:23 pm

Up and running!

At first, it was all very intimidating. So many ways to customize and most of us are probably just looking for a very basic setup. The wizards and videos do help, though! The biggest thing, for me, was the terminology used. If you're new to boxing, it's like trying to learn Chinese and some of the descriptions of the words made me have more questions than answers.

It took me several hours last night, but I got my group of three(with mercs to make a full group) going. My main is a Beastlord and I added an Enchanter a while back using two EQ windows, one on each monitor. I added a mage in the mix now, too. I've got a key to assist me. Another to /pet attack, slow/malo, and start nuking. And, one set up to assist me and mez. Now, if I can just get the Wizzy merc to stop nuking the mez'd adds....**sigh** I don't get it, I pull two, send everyone after the one I pulled with a buffer slow with Beastlord and which mob does the merc attack? The other one. The one that hasn't even been targeted yet! Okay, rant /off.

This program is awesome. I'm sure once I get more into it, I'll probably get more detailed in the key mappings and stuff. Right now, I'm just sending a "2," "3," and "4" to the other windows. But, it's a start! It works, and I'm happy. :D
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:53 pm

Re: Up and running!

Welcome aboard!
<<

Alge

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 pm

Start small and build from there - it's the best way to learn.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:56 am

Short-time user here, less than a month. I've also been very impressed, and was able to get it working in short order. Still utilizing new features slowly, and adding more keymaps as time goes on.

I have a similar group: Druid, Enchanter, Mage. I don't use the Enchanter very well, yet, but at least I'm nailing down adds a bit more effectively lately.

Tat

Return to EverQuest