FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Good day

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Quiptos

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:59 pm

Good day

Just having some problems getting isboxer up and running, haven't used it in quite some time.

I have the 4 box group setup, the program locations are right since it's a fresh pc and install. I can actually launch the game through innerspace if I just do Everquest > Everquest Default Profile even. But... Once I run the box set all 4 screens come up perfect on the monitor like I want them to and it's right to the login screen but when I log in it just waits about 10 seconds and gives me an "Error : a timeout has occurred"

I have tried several different combinations of putting in the innerspace launch information default, patchme etc and even created a new game called "Game" and linked it to the eqgame in the right location and I can single launch it also but not when I launch all 4.

What is odd is when I single launch from innerspace it even tells me that " you have had 8 attempts to log in to your account" which makes me think that it's trying to log in but can't ?

Any idea? thanks !

Quiptos
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:30 pm

Re: Good day

"Error : a timeout has occurred" is SoE's way of telling you the password is incorrect. This messaging was changed after The Big Hack a year or so ago and is worthless for informing one of what is actually occurring. Regardless, this messaging is the correct messaging for failed logins. Rest assured it is not an issue with your EQ or ISB installation.

Are you broadcasting your password to all the windows or manually typing it into each window? If broadcasting or repeating the password to each window, try it without. There is information floating around these boards about how EQ uses a different graphics engine/processor something or another for the login and character select screens. My repeaters are set 100% correctly and it still only works about half the time. Even when it does work, each account may get a different login screen depending upon whether that particular account has already been logged in that day, the number of expansions owned, FTP vs. Gold accounts, and different sized FTP popup windows which are impossible to handle with a repeater. In my opinion, it's just not worth the effort attempting to broadcast or repeat until you're into the game world.

If that is not the issue, most likely there is an "Always On" Key Map with a Mapped Key assigned to a character in your password. Therefore, when you type in the password that extra character or characters from the Mapped Key is inserted into the middle of the password. One can't tell which characters are actually being sent to the password form due to the "*" password masking.
<<

Quiptos

Post Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Re: Good day

Aha part of your reply there about key maps.

One of my keymaps happens to be a special character in one of my passwords, so obviously I had to go in and change that up some.

Thanks man.

Return to EverQuest