FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Question regarding /xtarget targetting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatanka7th

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:03 am

Question regarding /xtarget targetting

Based on some posts I read from Firescue and others, I tried changing my variable keystrokes to use extended targets instead, because of two issues:

1 - When calling assist with pet classes, the pet would be targeted instead. I tried Lax's suggestion a few posts below, but while it fixed assist, it broke follow

2 - I want a seamless way to use mercs on the fly. So using F-keys to target group members would be an issue.

So, inspired by something mentioned by Firescue, I set up hotkeys to make my three chars extended targets. So the char in slot 1 is always /xtarget 1, slot 2 is /xtarget 2, and slot 3 is /xtarget 3.

Next I made socials that just have /xtarget 1, /xtarget 2, and /xtarget 3 in them, and assigned keybinds. I have tested the keybinds on all three chars, and they all work fine.

Then in ISB, I changed the variable keystrokes for "Target slot x" for all three slots, and changed them from F1, F2, F3, etc, to the keybinds I made for my new /xtarget keybinds. I did not change my ISB variable keystrokes for assist and follow, and tested that they still work in EQ on all three chars.

So now, when I use the follow or assist ISB hotkeys in EQ, the other two chars target that char, but nothing else (no follow or assist). I tried putting in a delay between "target slot" and follow/assist, but that didn't help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tat
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Question regarding /xtarget targetting

If I understand the issue correctly, this may help.

First of all, ISBoxer delays don't work in that manner. The "Do Not Advance for X seconds" will only prevent a secondary action from occuring. It doesn't *make* a secondary action (in this case follow) occur. That would allow for automation. I handle follow by combining the /xtarget and /follow commands into a single in-game social:

Page2Button5Name=Follow
Page2Button5Color=0
Page2Button5Line1=/stand
Page2Button5Line2=/xtarget 3
Page2Button5Line3=/follow

Depending upon your computer or internet service, you may have trouble with lag and the game attempting to execute the follow prior to the target being acquired and recognized. In that case try adding a pause:

Page2Button5Name=Follow
Page2Button5Color=0
Page2Button5Line1=/stand
Page2Button5Line2=/pause 6, /xtarget 3
Page2Button5Line3=/follow

Generally speaking, /xtarget is processed almost instantly as opposed to /target <name>, although your results may differ.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:57 am

Hmm. After re-reading your post and my other post in the "Follow and Assist" thread I realize made the assumption you were entering the delay in ISB and repeated the same information as in the other thread about adding the /pause to the EQ social?

If this didn't help, there may be another issue. Can you provide any other information about what is happening after the /xtarget?

If in fact the /pause was entered in the EQ social, it may not be long enough for your computer. For example, on my computers, /pause 4 to 6 (depending upon the social) works great on a fresh boot. After an extended play session, things starts to decay which tells me it's time to take a break, reboot and reload. Then again, my computers are junk.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:59 am

OK, got it, and thanks for the reply. I will modify my in-game macros as you showed.

However, I still don't understand what the issue is to prevent it from working.

This works: F2 (or whatever), then "F" for follow keybind

This doesn't work: CTRL-ALT-SHIFT-F2 (my keybind for /xtarget 2), then "F" for follow.

In the ISB keymaps, my "Follow Me" keymap has two steps, <Target slot {SLOT}> and <Follow Target>. All I did was change the keybind used to target a slot, and verified that keybind works while in EQ. Shouldn't it work? (ignoring the issue of delays here, I got that part).

Tat

Oh, and another question.... so I would need other socials for assisting each one as well? I think the answer is yes, but just want to confirm.

update - I replied here before seeing your second post. The delay I mentioned was in ISB. The in-game macros are nothing more than 1 line: /xtarget X, where X = 1, 2 or 3. I set up these xtargets on each char when I log in.
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:42 pm

My suspicion is it has to do with ALT being used as a modifier.

ALT is an in-game default modifer (which can not be changed) to open the Station Cash item preview window. When EQ put the item preview window two (?) years ago it broke all of my ALT- modifier keys. Since that time, I have had *zero* success using ALT- for anything other than the default spellcasting ... ALT- number pad / number row / letters / in conjunction with other modifiers ... none of them work for me as intended. Alt- <clicky> opens the preview window. Alt- </social> does nothing. It was pretty poor in my opinion to ruin the use of an entire modifier key.

I finally ended up revamping my hotkey layout to use ALT- numberpad / numberrow to only change hotbar pages. At least that way I can use ALT as a modifer to do something, even if it isn't to activate a hotbar button.

It's possible your two-step macro to target on the first keypress and follow on the second keypress will work if it's mapped to a combination which does not include ALT in any manner.

EDIT: Heh, you already said it did work w/o ALT. Reading fail.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:03 pm

Well I finally got it to work. The ALT wasn't the issue.

What finally worked was three bound socials for each char, set to /xtarget 1, /xtarget 2, etc.

Then in ISB, I set the profile variable keybinds to those EQ keybinds. This is all basically as I had it before. But then the last step was to go into the
key map for "follow" and "assist" in ISB, and set them to NOT execute in press and release, and just do it on release. With that one change, and pressing each
ISB keybind twice, it works for all chars, and regardless of which mercs I have up.

Thanks for the help!

Tat

Return to EverQuest