FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Hello! New to ISB, and have a couple questions...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am

Hello! New to ISB, and have a couple questions...

Hey everyone! New to ISB (on my free week this week), and I'm just starting to get up to speed on stuff.

I got it working right out of the box, and have been very impressed. I do have a couple questions that hopefully you guys can help me with:

1 - Follow and assist. I followed MiRai's video, and the posting in this forum, and it works fine, with just one hiccup. I have 3 chars, 2 of which are pet classes. When the non-pet char hits the assist hotkey, the other two target his target (exactly what I expect). When one of the pet classes uses the assist hotkey, the other two target his pet. If I hit the assist hotkey again, then they target his target.

2 - I made a mount hotkey (keymap) which has all three cast their mounts at the same time. It works, except every time, one or two of the chars aren't on their mounts! They have the buff in their window, but they're not on the mount visually. They can walk away, and the mount stays where it was. I have to click off the buff, and cast the mount manually. And even then, the original (unoccupied) mount, stays there as long as I'm in the zone!

3 - One time, after making hotkey mods in ISB and exporting to running EQ sessions, it screwed up my UI. I have the windows configured for 1600x900, 1 big and 2 small ones. After this reload, the windows were still 1600x900, but most of the UI windows were "below" where I could see them, as if it thought the window was 1600x1200. Reloading UI's didn't help, logging to char select and back didn't help. Exiting completely and logging back in fixed it. And it only did this for slots 2 and 3. Slot one was fine. And in numerous reloads before and since, it's never done this again.

Thanks for any answers you might have :)

Tat
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Re: Hello! New to ISB, and have a couple questions...

1 - Follow and assist. I followed MiRai's video, and the posting in this forum, and it works fine, with just one hiccup. I have 3 chars, 2 of which are pet classes. When the non-pet char hits the assist hotkey, the other two target his target (exactly what I expect). When one of the pet classes uses the assist hotkey, the other two target his pet. If I hit the assist hotkey again, then they target his target.

This may combine with the EQ1 mechanic where pressing F2 (to target your party member) after already having him targeted, targets the pet as you've described. To avoid that, you could potentially add another Keystroke Action to the top of the "Follow Me" Mapped Key, to send ESC. This should cause them to clear their current target first, and therefore avoid this mechanic.

There's also an inherent delay in Assist, which could potentially be related (e.g. press it once and he has no target yet, so you might target him... press again, now it targets his pet).

To try out the ESC idea:
1. In the top left pane under Key Maps, select "Non-combat"
2. In the bottom left pane under Mapped Keys, expand Follow Me so under it you see Steps 1 and 2
3. Select Step 1, so to the right you should then see Actions, <Target Slot {SLOT}> -> all other
4. Right click "Actions" and under Keystroke Actions, select "New Keystroke Action"
5. To the right there's now a Target box and a Keystroke box. For the Target, select "Window:All w/o Current" (this is "all other"), and then for Key Combination click the < and make it ESC.
6. Right click your new Action and select Move Up (or alternatively, click it and press Alt+Up for the same thing)
7. Export to Inner Space, and see if it helps. If not, go back and delete it and we'll go back to the drawing board.

2 - I made a mount hotkey (keymap) which has all three cast their mounts at the same time. It works, except every time, one or two of the chars aren't on their mounts! They have the buff in their window, but they're not on the mount visually. They can walk away, and the mount stays where it was. I have to click off the buff, and cast the mount manually. And even then, the original (unoccupied) mount, stays there as long as I'm in the zone!

lol... very weird. This sounds like nothing more than a bug in the game, possibly a server-side "race condition" in spawning the mounts at the exact same time. You COULD change it to a Round-Robin and press the key quickly 3 times instead of 1 time, and this could potentially mitigate this problem.

The only thing that comes to mind as far as ISBoxer goes, and this should already be set for you, is the "Make game believe it is foreground window" check box in your Character Set. This has to be checked for EQ1 to respond to various broadcast keys/clicks, so I'm guessing it's already set.

3 - One time, after making hotkey mods in ISB and exporting to running EQ sessions, it screwed up my UI. I have the windows configured for 1600x900, 1 big and 2 small ones. After this reload, the windows were still 1600x900, but most of the UI windows were "below" where I could see them, as if it thought the window was 1600x1200. Reloading UI's didn't help, logging to char select and back didn't help. Exiting completely and logging back in fixed it. And it only did this for slots 2 and 3. Slot one was fine. And in numerous reloads before and since, it's never done this again.

Might it be possible that you changed some of the in-game Video Options that time? Or pressed Alt+Enter maybe? If so, the game could have adjusted the window, and then when you Export to Inner Space, ISBoxer is going to try to reset the Window Layout (adjusting that window again), and it might require a re-launch of that instance to correct everything. Otherwise nothing specific comes to mind
<<

tatanka7th

Post Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:24 pm

Thanks for the quick response, Lax. I'll try out your suggestions tonight when I get home.

Tat
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:19 am

tatanka7th wrote:2 - I made a mount hotkey (keymap) which has all three cast their mounts at the same time.

This is an EQ centric issue due to the window not having focus when the mount finishes casting. This behavior persists even with "Make window believe it is foreground checked." Essentially, you're stuck with simultaneously casting the mounts and fixing whichever character bugged out that particular time, or discarding simultaneous casting. Casting and cycling windows faster will only make it worse.

The following are my mount Mapped Keys.

I made a separate mount Mapped Key for every character set because I want them to cast in a particular order every time. This is personal preference. One could reduce the amount of keymaps through "cycle next window" and sending "mount" to the current window.

In the right hand pane, I opted for the Key Map to reset after 60 seconds in the event I am interrupted during the process or change my mind and abort the mount Key Map.

These last two steps are the most important. The above step shows the cycle next window process. Focus whichever window you want to mount first. I checked "Do Not Advance" to avoid fumble fingering the key and accidentally cycling to the next window.

Activate the mount. I checked "Do Not Advance" for the cast time (3 seconds) plus 1 second to compensate for latency and ensure the the cast is completed prior to focusing the next window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:47 am

firescue17 wrote:This is an EQ centric issue due to the window not having focus when the mount finishes casting. This behavior persists even with "Make window believe it is foreground checked." Essentially, you're stuck with simultaneously casting the mounts and fixing whichever character bugged out that particular time, or discarding simultaneous casting. Casting and cycling windows faster will only make it worse.

Weird, thanks for sharing

Return to EverQuest