FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Background windows dropping down to 5 fps

Moderator: MiRai

<<

PhoenixDecimiss

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:21 am

Background windows dropping down to 5 fps

I run 4 accounts at once in EQ1 and last update something changed and now my background windows are running at 5 fps, even when I switch to them. I've done all of the software updates on my system, remapped my window layouts with the wizard, and adjusted foreground and background fps. I've also confirmed isboxer and inner space are allowed through my firewalls and antivirus software. I tried loading the accounts simultaneously without isboxer and they work just fine, so it's a parameter in isboxer causing this issue. It's as if when I switch from my primary account to a secondary one it doesn't recognize the change from background to foreground and maintains the same limited fps.
Please let me know what you need from my setup to hopefully fix the issue and hopefully help anyone else who might be having this problem. Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 am

Re: Background windows dropping down to 5 fps

Usually with EQ1 when people report this it's due to having another FPS limiter active, sometimes without realizing it. If you are running other EQ1 related software, try shutting it down and see how the situation changes. If that solves the FPS issue, then choose one of the FPS limiters to disable...
<<

PhoenixDecimiss

Post Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:05 am

Re: Background windows dropping down to 5 fps

So far as I can tell I'm only running inner space, but I will double check and post an update.

Update: I double checked my settings and background processes/ programs for interference and found nothing. I have not added or removed anything since before the issue started. I also tried turning all FPS limiters off with no change in the issue. Something changed with the last big update. Prior to that I could 4 box with max graphics and 60 fps no problem.

Return to EverQuest