FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Crashing when zoning

Moderator: MiRai

<<

agarwaen

Post Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:12 am

Crashing when zoning

Hi I am frequently seeing one of my characters crash when I zone in EQ. I run a 12g ram/Radeon6850/asrockZ77 board with a i5 2500k (not clocked currently). Doesn't crash unless I zone.

Diagnostics;

crash diagonostics from ISBoxer;
http://pastebin.com/PUi6jAUx
ISBoxer Profile XML
http://pastebin.com/rLbqj527

Any help greatly appreciated,

Ath.
<<

Metaphore

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:17 am

Re: Crashing when zoning

Happens to me all the time as well. Way too often to be ignored.
<<

agarwaen

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:45 am

anyone?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:53 am

Does it produce a crash report when it crashes? If so, I mainly need a copy of that.

If not, then there might be an entry in the Windows Event Viewer, being an Application Error from eqgame.exe at the time of the crash. The details of this kind of event can usually point out a specific DLL causing the problem (though sometimes it will report that it doesn't know which DLL).

Here's how to get that information: Type "event viewer" into the search box in Windows (e.g. in the Start menu) to easily find it, and open it up. Then in the left pane expand the "Windows Logs" folder, and select "Application" under it. It might take few seconds at this point, but it should bring up recent "events". You'd be looking for an "Error" level of event, from the Date and Time of that message, from the source "eqgame" (there will usually be a huge list of events, don't just look at the top error and assume it must be the one; the source must be eqgame!). If you find an entry like this in the list, select it. Then in the bottom half, pick the "Details" tab, and click on "XML view". You can copy and paste me that XML and that might help identify the problem.
<<

agarwaen

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:36 am

couldnt see a windows error that met that description, however this is the isboxer report after I ran a non-inner space eq session;

http://pastebin.com/ZUN7nB7j
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:44 am

The ISBoxer crash diagnostics only help when it's an issue related to some other software interfering, and we want to try to identify what software that is (and shut it off, determine while it's incompatible, etc). For any other kind of crash I need unrelated information.

Check EverQuest's logs folder, e.g. C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\Logs on a typical current install. There will be a dbg.txt file, and possibly a debug.dmp file. Send those to me at lax@lavishsoft.com
<<

maniacmat

Post Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:40 pm

I think this is related to the last patch (7/11) as I am crashing since then also....

ALso it has killed wineq for me - just won't run (but I know this is ISBoxer site!)
<<

agarwaen

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:54 am

continuing to see this crash routinely. I sent Lax the requested diags, but no reply yet to that or my follow up email.
<<

Plumlord

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:31 pm

I am having this issues as well, only when zoning though.

dbg.log = http://pastebin.com/EVqMx23h

Could not find anything related to EQgame in the Event Viewer logs. It started about the begining of Nov for me too, so it doesnt seem to be patch related to Rain of Fear release.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:26 pm

There is frequent discussion on the SOE forums about zoning crashes from people who use the standalone EQ client only without either WinEQ or ISB.

Return to EverQuest