FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Can't click accept with isboxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Cathan

Post Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:52 pm

Can't click accept with isboxer

I have 18 characters I play at once. For a while now I've been using isboxer to log 6 of them in and the other 12 I manually launch eq to log them all in. I would prefer to use isboxer for quite a few reasons on all 18 (I can keep up with all 18 characters at once and auto logging in with the keyrepeater is so much faster/easier).

As I said, I currently log 6 characters in using isboxer but I can't get the other 12 to work when I create a character set for them. The problem is I launch my character set but I can't click on the "Accept" button to begin logging into eq. It works when I launch 6 but not when I launch 12 or 18. I have the mouse directly over the accept button but it never let's me press it to continue. I tried pressy accept with keyrepeater on and without keyrepeater by manually clicking accept for each window but it never works.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:04 pm

Re: Can't click accept with isboxer

EQ1 does some kind of wacky things, like separating the graphics subsystem at the login screen from the one during the game. When you transition to Character Selection, the game switches resolutions, resets the window, might go from non-maximized to maximized or vice versa, and it's just a fugly mess.

Anyway the issue you're having can be corrected via your eqclient.ini files. The first time you launch any given Character, its eqclient.ini file will be copied from the main eqclient.ini file with its current contents. So for example if you start up a team with ISBoxer, then go play without ISBoxer and fiddle with some in-game settings, and then go launch another new team with ISBoxer, your new team might start out with different settings than your first one... because you changed the main eqclient.ini file that they copy settings from. :)

I suspect that the windowed mode and/or resolution settings in the eqclient.ini files for the 12 you're having trouble with may be "bad", and you could potentially fix it by deleting the eqclient.ini files for those Characters, or by copying from one of the 6 that works. The character-specific eqclient.ini files are in your EverQuest folder, same location as the original file.

Return to EverQuest