FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

EQ instance login issues... please help

Moderator: MiRai

<<

amozed

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:19 am

EQ instance login issues... please help

Greetings,
Im currently testing ISBoxing, and made a default config for an 4 boxed team.
But when i launch the team, every instance go direct to EULA screen, and after validation, when i try to log in, i get a timout and cannot go any further.

I must also explain that :
I can usually connect to EQ by the launcher directly, and i bypass always the traditionnal logon screen (access direct to the server list)
Even without ISBoxer, or InnerSpace and never been able to avoid this timout error if i choose to go through the traditionnal logon screen.

Any idea ??
Your help very appreciated.
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:34 am

Re: EQ instance login issues... please help

Shift-Alt-M to turn off Keymaps when entering your password.
<<

amozed

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:28 am

firescue17 wrote:Shift-Alt-M to turn off Keymaps when entering your password.

Greetings,
Thanks for the reply, but i dont understand what you mean... on the logon screen, i did make a shift alt m but this does not change anything... btw, im talking about EQ logon screen.
As i said, going by the logon screen has never worked before... im used to launch by the launcher, NOT the logon screen.

Even with this proposed solution, i still got Error occured timout
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:26 am

amozed wrote:Even without ISBoxer, or InnerSpace and never been able to avoid this timout error if i choose to go through the traditionnal logon screen.
Nope, no idea. Just adding that I also experience this same issue when launching EQ directly and without ISBoxer (I get it with ISBoxer too). I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out why and just used the launcher.

I've seen several reports about it, and those people just end up using the launcher.
<<

amozed

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:27 am

bob wrote:
amozed wrote:Even without ISBoxer, or InnerSpace and never been able to avoid this timout error if i choose to go through the traditionnal logon screen.
Nope, no idea. Just adding that I also experience this same issue when launching EQ directly and without ISBoxer (I get it with ISBoxer too). I couldn't be bothered trying to figure out why and just used the launcher.

I've seen several reports about it, and those people just end up using the launcher.

Hello
Thanks for the msg..
Can you describe your settings and procedure ??
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:51 am

Some accounts have this problem with EQ1, with or without additional software, where you have to log in through the launcher. But, if you can launch the game client directly and log in without ISBoxer, it should work fine with ISBoxer too.

If you find that, for the same account you're having trouble with ISBoxer with, you CAN log in bypassing the launcher without ISBoxer, then most likely the issue is related to your hotkeys or ISBoxer configuration. If you find that the same account CANNOT log in bypassing the launcher without ISBoxer, then the issue is related to your account and cannot be affected by making changes in ISBoxer (just have to use the launcher).

There is no other way to tell the difference because after SOE's big hack years ago, a password failure now just shows up as a login timeout.

The suggestion telling you to press Shift+Alt+M to log in, is assuming that you didn't already know you should do that, and also that you didn't configure Hotkeys in ISBoxer that are also part of your password that are not part of the Shift+Alt+M toggle. We don't know that for sure without looking at your configuration (http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing)

Someone recently brought up that the account-related limitation could be related to EQ1 trial/f2p accounts, but I believe this was originally reported on previously existing accounts.

Return to EverQuest