FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

[EQ] Connecting problem

Moderator: MiRai

<<

trowadeath

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:12 pm

[EQ] Connecting problem

Hey, I've been using isboxer for 2 chars, but I set it up for 4 and now any everquest window launched by IS can't connect and just times out.
All I did was add new characters/sets/keymaps.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:58 pm

Re: [EQ] Connecting problem

Please do not post the same content in multiple threads. This does not get you a faster response, and will cause people to become annoyed with you.

In regards to the issue you posted, it sounds like a problem with the login server for the game rather than an issue with Inner Space. If you believe this to not be the case, please provide as much detail as possible about the issue in a clear manner.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:42 pm

He didn't post twice, I moved the topic to the EQ forum and I leave a "moved thread" in its place in the General forum ;)
<<

Xeniaz

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:52 pm

Oops, my appologies. Just saw it pop up three times on my post tracker in different forums :-)
<<

trowadeath

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:19 pm

Definitely a problem with IS

Opened my 4 windows, and all of them time out when I try to log in.

When I open EQ through the launcher it allows me to connect and it shows unsuccessful log in attempts for all the times I try through IS.

Here's my config.

http://www.privatepaste.com/c7b7a5b67c
<<

Xeniaz

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Since Sony's fun with the hackers attacking their servers, the interactions with EQ and the servers have changed slightly. You are not always notified that the password you entered is incorrect, sometimes you see things like the timeout error instead. My guess is that your password contains one of the following symbols ! @ # $. If it contains any of those symbols, you will need to remember to turn your keymaps off (Default hotkey is Ctrl+Shift+M) in order to log in. I mention those symbols because you have keymaps setup that use Shift+1-4 for targeting your toons. Please let us know if this solves your problem.
<<

trowadeath

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:00 pm

Okay, so that is definitely my problem!

But, I cannot seem to turn the maps off... with the hotkey or using the click bar for it.
<<

trowadeath

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I got the toggle for key maps to turn off, but it only says they are off while they are all still on.

*EDIT*
Got a slight workaround for now that kinda works... Having the shift hotkeys only sent to every window but current and that allows me to log in.
<<

Valerian

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:43 pm

It sounds like you can benefit from This Entry in the wiki, to get your keymap(s) into the toggle.
<<

trowadeath

Post Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:49 am

Thanks for the help, all good now!

Return to EverQuest