FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trouble Getting Started with Innerspace and ISBoxer

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Shogun

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:20 pm

Trouble Getting Started with Innerspace and ISBoxer

Hi Guys-

First let me apologize for the basic nature of this post. And, yes, I have spent 24 hours reading ALL the startup guides and other posts trying to get this most basic process going to no avail.

For instance:

Before you can configure ISBoxer, you will need to make sure that Inner Space (installed by ISBoxer) is running in the system tray (usually next to the clock, where all the icons are). ISBoxer is going to generate configuration for Inner Space, based on what you set up in the ISBoxer software.

Inner Space is running in the system tray (64-bit Windows 7).

If EverQuest was auto-detected by Inner Space, it will already be listed in the Inner Space menu, and should have a No Patch profile for you to use with ISBoxer. If not, you will need to select "Add Game" from the Inner Space menu, and point it to the EverQuest client, eqgame.exe. In the Parameters box, put patchme (one word, no quotes).

EverQuest is not auto-detected by Inner Space. I follow the "Add Game" from the Inner Space menu, and point it to the EverQuest client, eqgame.exe. In the Parameters box I put patchme (one word, no quotes). Nothing seems to happen and no games (much less EverQuest) listed if I re-launch Inner Space.

When EverQuest needs to be patched, you will need to run the launcher separately for it to patch.

Getting started
------------------
Start by using the Quick Setup Wizard, easily found in the Wizards menu. The Quick Setup Wizard is pretty much self-explanatory, and has as few options in it as possible.

This may all be related to my problems with Inner Space, but I get several errors messages when booting ISBoxer. #1 I get a "System.InvalidOperationException. There is an error in XML Document (2,2)...". #2 After closing that I get another same lengthy message. #3 AFter closing that box I get an error box saying that I may need to "Add Game" from the Inner Space menu. Of course, I have done so unsuccessfully several times (see above). I am sure I am doing something incorrectly that is very basic, but I cannot figure it out.

Thanks for any help you can give me.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Re: Trouble Getting Started with Innerspace and ISBoxer

Hello Shogun,
There are a few things you may try to get things up and running. First thing on the list is getting that error message resolved when starting isboxer. There was an update last night that fixed a crash and perhaps you are being affected by that bug as well. Please click on Help->About in the isboxer application and click on Update to download the newest version.

Secondly about IS not detecting Everquest, if you installed the game to a directory of your choice, and not the default location, innerspace may not detect the game on your system. Adding the game should be pretty straight forward when clicking on the Add Game option on the innerspace icon in your system tray. Fill in the name of the game, the path to eqgame.exe and as you mentioned the patchme parameter and then click the OK button. Immediately after doing that you should be able to right click on the IS icon again and see your game at the top of the list.

Additionally, you can setup a patch profile for everquest that points to whichever patcher you prefer to use for the game. The newest patcher is called Launchpad.exe and can be found in your EverQuest directory. On non-patch days you'd typically want to use the No Patch profile.

If the error message persists after the update, please copy the technical details of the crash in the lower part of the crash window and paste it at privatepaste.com and provide us with a link to that post.
<<

Shogun

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Thanks for responding Xeniaz-

Found the isboxer update, but I still receive the same message(s).

When I installed EverQuest (which runs perfectly), I used the default directory setting. I am still not getting IS to function and I think I may be doing somethinbg very basically incorrect that I am just not catching. Here is *exactly* what I am doing under the Add Game in IS:

Name: I type in "EverQuest"
Game executable: I have typed in these different paths:
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\LaunchPad
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\LaunchPad.exe
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\EverQuest.exe
Parameters: I type in "patchme"

Interestingly, when I doubleclick eqgame.exe (to launch EverQuest directly) a box pops up that reads "Please run EverQuest.exe". "EverQuest.exe" doesn't exist on my entire hard disk drive. If I doubleclick LaunchPad.exe, the launchpad comes up and EverQuest starts...is the problem somewhere here?

Thanks again for taking time to help me.
<<

Xeniaz

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:45 pm

The correct path to the exe file is this one
Code:
C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe

You see that popup when you try double clicking on eqgame.exe because you're "supposed" to use the launchpad to start the game, and not launch the game directly. EverQuest.exe is the old launchpad from when the game came out and has been changed several times since then. You are following the steps correctly, and as of right now I'm not sure what is causing your problem. I'm going to escalate this post to the InnerSpace developer and see if we can't find a solution for you. Thanks for your patience!
<<

Shogun

Post Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Just got it to work.

I deleted the entire folder, emptied my recycle bin, rebooted, downloaded the Innerspace/ISBoxer kit again, followed the exact same process, and IT WORKED!

Somehow, someway, I messed up the first attempt I guess.

I am up and running now.

Thanks again for your help!
<<

wkeracing

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 am

I have the same problem but I can't seem to get anything to work.

Return to EverQuest