FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New user, cannot get ISBoxer to start up everquest

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Rondelier

Post Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:04 am

New user, cannot get ISBoxer to start up everquest

I went through the configuration wizard, I exported all to Inner Space, and at this point got a message about HIGHDPIAWARE for each of my accounts. When I try to start up my accounts through Inner Space, the whole process is tremendously slow. For around 5 minutes, a blank window pops up with FPS, System RAM Available, Process Memory Usage and Texture Memory Available in the top left corner.
This window is frozen for another 5 minutes or so, and then loads up the EULA acceptance box, but again lags out for around 5 minutes before I can actually log in. Once logged in to the server select window, the lag continues, until I can finally select a character, which then lags until the game finally loads. All in all, it takes around 30 minutes to load the first instance of the game, and then I have to repeat the whole process for the other characters.

Could someone look into this, becasue at the moment it will take over 2 hours just to get all my accounts running at the same time before I can even play the game...

I have included the text output from the compatibility diagnostics:

https://justpaste.it/73x02
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:14 am

Re: New user, cannot get ISBoxer to start up everquest

1. try the dev build of Inner Space. To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.

2. Try disabling the "New Virtual Input" option. This input system may be attempting to read your RGB devices (seeing as you have the iCUE software loaded), and it may be slowing things down (note: the update dev build should improve this by ignoring more devices).
Right Click on the tray icon for InnerSpace > Configuration, then disable new virtual input and restart Innerspace.
See if it helps.
<<

Rondelier

Post Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:30 am

Re: New user, cannot get ISBoxer to start up everquest

This made a huge difference, thanks!
Everything up and running within about 5 minutes.

Cheers for taking the time to resolve the problem

Return to EverQuest