FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Fatal Error Dont support dx11

Moderator: MiRai

<<

tigershoe

Post Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:41 pm

Fatal Error Dont support dx11

Just got the software and followed the wizard setup and tried to launch via innerspace get to login of hit play everyquest button and as soon as i hit it box pops up.

Fatal error: The game cant run on any GPU that your system has(2) because they dont support directX 11.0

1.Nvidia Geforce RTX 4090
2. Microsoft Basic Render Driver

Not sure how a 4090 isnt working.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Dec 04, 2023 5:25 pm

Re: Fatal Error Dont support dx11

Because it is EQ (beta).

You'll need the dev build of InnerSpace.

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.
<<

pinksquid

Post Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:24 pm

Is the a patch for test client? The dev build works for live but still crashes when I try to log into the test server.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:39 am

pinksquid wrote:Is the a patch for test client? The dev build works for live but still crashes when I try to log into the test server.

There was... the dev build. It is probable the EQ devs have changed something in their DX11 implementation that has broken the workaround to their last attempt at a DX11 implementation thus requiring a new workaround to be created; once we figure out what is needed for that....
<<

soulbanshee

Post Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:42 am

bob wrote:
pinksquid wrote:Is the a patch for test client? The dev build works for live but still crashes when I try to log into the test server.

There was... the dev build. It is probable the EQ devs have changed something in their DX11 implementation that has broken the workaround to their last attempt at a DX11 implementation thus requiring a new workaround to be created; once we figure out what is needed for that....

Test got the beta DX11 build from 2 weeks ago (after it broke isb), just logged into test server on 7222. The live DX11 update was delayed, still running DX9.
<<

pinksquid

Post Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:09 pm

Got it working. Thanks for the information.
<<

tigershoe

Post Wed Dec 20, 2023 2:42 pm

sorry for the really late reply i figured it out. Thanks for the replys though

lol only took like 3 weeks and i got follow and assist on the fly no matter which char im on to work lol

Return to EverQuest