FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Beta not identifying DX11 when launched from isb

Moderator: MiRai

<<

soulbanshee

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:40 pm

Beta not identifying DX11 when launched from isb

Beta is running the new DX11 graphics. I logged onto beta fine yesterday with the isb profile I've been using since launch. This morning they had a failed build they had to fix after they got into the office that was causing client crashes. Since then the game has been throwing an error that it can't detect a GPU that supports DX11.

I was on the dev build 7221 because I read about some input errors impacting EQ, reverted to live build 7217 and no change. As the game starts up, the info in the upper left has corrupted text and doesn't update, the toast with character activated stays on the screen and doesn't fade. I can get past the login screen to the server select, but trying to log into the server it throws that error and exits the client. I also cleared the Inner Space build folder and reinstalled.

I deleted and repatched all the recent EQ game files/dlls and ran the game file validation.
<<

soulbanshee

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:49 pm

Re: Beta not identifying DX11 when launched from isb

A dev identified an error may be thrown from IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain().
<<

soulbanshee

Post Thu Nov 02, 2023 10:50 am

Dev also added:
Assuming that IDXGIFactory::CreateSwapChain() is returning the error then I suspect there is something incompatible in the DXGI_SWAP_CHAIN_DESC between the two applications.

The isb issue can be seen as soon as eqgame launches, from the EULA screen, you don't have to log in it just exits out at the server select screen. Attached a screenshot of the corrupted isb info overlay. Beta launchpad download is here if you don't have it: http://launch.daybreakgames.com/install ... _setup.exe
Attachments
isb.png
overlay corruption
isb.png (9.12 KiB) Viewed 6768 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Nov 02, 2023 11:07 am

The login screen thing is purely a cosmetic issue, it is an artifact of the way the Inner Space overlay works while the game is choosing not to re-render that portion of the screen. It looks annoying but does not otherwise prevent anything from operating. I'll see what I can do -- it may or may not be a simple thing to work around on my end.

Thank you for the details on the error. Once the beta server is up again I should be able to take care of that
<<

soulbanshee

Post Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:03 pm

lax wrote:The login screen thing is purely a cosmetic issue, it is an artifact of the way the Inner Space overlay works while the game is choosing not to re-render that portion of the screen. It looks annoying but does not otherwise prevent anything from operating. I'll see what I can do -- it may or may not be a simple thing to work around on my end.

Thank you for the details on the error. Once the beta server is up again I should be able to take care of that

This error popup at server select is really the issue that is making the client exit, the isb overlay just seems to be an additional artifact. The test server DX11 build still runs fine with isb, its only the recent change to the beta build.
Attachments
dx11error.png
GPU error
dx11error.png (44.78 KiB) Viewed 6760 times
<<

soulbanshee

Post Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:09 pm

lax wrote:The login screen thing is purely a cosmetic issue, it is an artifact of the way the Inner Space overlay works while the game is choosing not to re-render that portion of the screen. It looks annoying but does not otherwise prevent anything from operating. I'll see what I can do -- it may or may not be a simple thing to work around on my end.

Any updates to note on fixing the EQ client exiting from compatibility with the DX11 engine? The new expansion is going to be released in about 3-4 weeks, and it will be pushing the DX11 update live with it.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:19 pm

A fix is impending.
<<

Smokezz

Post Wed Nov 15, 2023 12:03 pm

The new dev build fixes logging into beta, but the FPS issue remains. Is this a problem with Innerspace or Daybreak?
<<

soulbanshee

Post Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:31 pm

Smokezz wrote:The new dev build fixes logging into beta, but the FPS issue remains. Is this a problem with Innerspace or Daybreak?

Beta will be running more debug/logging than live. Where/how are you seeing this? I ran around PoK, Pal'Lomen and new Shadeweavers, I didn't see any issues, felt the same as live.
<<

Smokezz

Post Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:22 pm

soulbanshee wrote:
Smokezz wrote:The new dev build fixes logging into beta, but the FPS issue remains. Is this a problem with Innerspace or Daybreak?

Beta will be running more debug/logging than live. Where/how are you seeing this? I ran around PoK, Pal'Lomen and new Shadeweavers, I didn't see any issues, felt the same as live.

Everywhere. PoK, Laurions, Lobby, GGH, etc. There have been multiple posts about it. No one I know that uses ISBoxer sees good performance right now on beta. It's definitely not debug and logging, as it worked perfectly until the Oct 21st patch to beta.
Next

Return to EverQuest