FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Window freeze when clicking GUI Icon for Broadcasting

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silverback

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:16 am

Window freeze when clicking GUI Icon for Broadcasting

It happened again last night so I figured I would start a conversation on it. I don't know if this is a General ISB issue or related to EQ, but since I play EQ I figured I would report it here. I'm currently running the latest Dev build.

Clicking the GUI icon to enable broadcasting can freeze the window that the click occurred. This does NOT appear to cause a game client crash. The process stays running in Windows and the character stays logged in. I've tried a number of things to "unfreeze" the window but nothing has worked yet. This is a complete graphics freeze and when it occurs I cannot interact with any elements of the window. Ultimately I have to end the process in Task Manager and re-load that slot.

This is an intermittent issue and from a user standpoint it appears to be random. In other words, as far as I'm aware, I don't do anything different when it does happen than when it doesn't. To be fair, I don't enable broadcasting that often, usually just to log into and out of the game on all windows.

I did take a process dump when it occurred last week, if that's of any use. If there is anything else I can try or provide please let me know! Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 01, 2023 6:52 pm

Re: Window freeze when clicking GUI Icon for Broadcasting

I did take a process dump when it occurred last week, if that's of any use

Yes that's exactly what I need in order to work on this one, you can email to lax@lavishsoft.com or come to ISBoxer Discord and zip+DM it to me there
<<

Silverback

Post Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:04 am

Ok I sent it via email with a Google Drive link to the file. Thanks Lax!
<<

Derresh

Post Thu Nov 09, 2023 4:12 pm

any update on this issue, its the same issue im having.
also i cant create a trace diagnostic dump, it fails to generate everytime for whatever reason
<<

Dimleelit

Post Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:38 am

Also having this issue. Is there any update?
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:07 pm

Does it happen when using the Dev build of Inner Space ?

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.
<<

dlp 90731

Post Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:54 pm

I started a new post but didn't see this one which is basically the same issue I have. Haven't received a response yet on my thread. Have they figured anything out for your issue?
<<

Dimleelit

Post Tue Dec 19, 2023 2:32 pm

bob wrote:Does it happen when using the Dev build of Inner Space ?

To update to the current Development build of Inner Space, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, click the Development tab, use the Check for Updates button if needed and click Install Now to actually install it.

I have been running the dev version for 2 days now and have not encountered the issue.

Return to EverQuest