FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

New user having issues setting up /follow

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Traffe

Post Tue Oct 31, 2023 2:55 am

New user having issues setting up /follow

Hi all,

I signed up with ISBoxer over the weekend and have been trying since then to get a 3 box setup going with EQ. I am using 1 paid game account (my tank) and 2 free accounts just so I can try it out, etc.

I'm feeling like an idiot, but after alot of reading and video watching I'm not even getting a /follow social macro key working in game. I have set up the social command using Ctrl-1, I have mapped that in the keys, cleared any other usage of Ctrl-1 in game, and I can get 1 character following my tank, but not the other? At this point I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I feel like if I can get this up and happening, and then possibly a shared sit command then I can hopefully use that to build on.

If someone could take a look at my setup for ISBoxer and let me know where I'm going wrong that would be enormously appreciated.

https://pastebin.com/eBVfmZZs
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Oct 31, 2023 9:23 pm

Re: New user having issues setting up /follow

First, I suggest you follow the instructions here viewtopic.php?p=51756#p51756 as this may be the issue.

It should at least start doing something after that point. Your config looks good to me.

I'll describe what happens based on your current configuration so it will help your understanding.

When you press ALT+F
ISBoxer sends an "F Key" to the other windows. Depending on which window is receiving the input will depend on what F Key that window presses. The F Keys are usually assigned in game to Select Party Member. So this means 1. you need to be in a party, and 2. You dont have Merc's as they change the party order (this can be accommodated, provided you can make it consistent).

But lets say that slot 1 (Traffe) is the active toon, then
Slot 2 and Slot 3 will receive F2 (and both should Target Traffe), followed by CTRL+1 (provided your social is a simple /follow social on CTRL+1 then they should follow the current target which is what F2 should be doing)

If slot 2 (Velmina) is the active toon, then
Slot 1 will get F2 and Slot 3 will receive F3 (and both should Target Velmina), followed by CTRL+1

If slot 3 (Tarlil) is the active toon, then
Slot 1 will get F3 and Slot 2 will receive F3 (and both should Target Tarlil), followed by CTRL+1
<<

Traffe

Post Sun Nov 05, 2023 3:49 am

Re: New user having issues setting up /follow

Hi Bob, thanks for you help. Between this, some more reading and rewatching a couple of videos, I've now got it up and running. Thanks for your help.

Return to EverQuest