FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Still having trouble with Mouselook - Multi-Monitors in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silverback

Post Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:21 am

Still having trouble with Mouselook - Multi-Monitors in EQ

After going back to build 7111 for a while, I installed the latest Development build last night and I'm still experiencing issues with Mouse Look in Everquest.

I use a 3 monitor set up, with a window layout that has a full-screen Fixed window on the middle monitor, a full-screen Swap window on the left monitor, then four windows on the right monitor that swap to the left monitor when I hit the assigned keys. Here's what's currently happening with Mouse-Look.

When I hold down the right mouse button to Mouse-Look on the left screen and drag to the right, the character on that screen will spin as expected but then the mouse cursor (now invisible since I'm holding down the right mouse button) will move off the left screen to the middle monitor and the toon will stop spinning. If I release at that point the character on the left monitor will be mouse-look locked until I hit a mouse button with a cursor on that left window. If I instead keep holding the right mouse button down and drag back to the left monitor then it will act as normal and the character will start spinning again. I assume the mouse moving off window borders to the middle monitor when mouse look is held down is not intended behavior.

The other issue (probably related) is if I have the left window active, then move the mouse over and right click the middle window, the character on the left window will mouse-look lock, and will spin around without holding down any mouse buttons when I move the mouse cursor over to that window until I click the right mouse button.

This could certainly be ISBoxer settings related, Windows/Nvidia settings related, or something else that the new builds brought to light, but I do know this behavior does not occur on 7111. Looking for any help or advice on setting I may be able to change, or let me know any settings dumps I can provide if needed.

Thanks!
<<

SomeAsianGamer

Post Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:25 pm

Re: Still having trouble with Mouselook - Multi-Monitors in EQ

I have the same issue but I only use a single monitor with multiple instances of EQ using stacked full screen (No swapping, avoid taskbar).
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:31 pm

Inner Space development build 7220 is now available, as of this post, with a fix for mosuelook that should take care of that.

To try it out, right click Inner Space and select Patcher, click the Development tab, click "Check for Updates" if needed (make sure it shows 7220 by the "Current Development Version") and then "Install Now" to actually install it.

Let me know :)
<<

SomeAsianGamer

Post Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:35 pm

Issue still happening after installing dev build 7220.
<<

Silverback

Post Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:04 pm

Ok, on 7220 the issue with the character on the left screen mouse look locking when its the active window and I right click the middle screen is resolved as of this build.

However, the issue of the cursor scrolling off the inner edges of the windows (right edge of left window, left edge of middle window) when right mouse button is held down (mouse-look) is still occurring. Also the character on the screen the cursor moved off of is still mouse-look locking when the right mouse button is released on another window.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:16 pm

Thank you for the specifics. Development build 7221 is now available, and should correct the remaining issue as reported.

Let me know. Thanks :)
<<

SomeAsianGamer

Post Thu Oct 26, 2023 10:20 pm

Fixed for me, thanks!
<<

Silverback

Post Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:11 am

Confirmed resolved as of 7221! Thanks Lax!

Although I did experience the screen freeze issue when clicking the GUI icon for mouse broadcasting on that screen with these latest builds. It's intermittent and doesn't appear to be a game client crash, but rather a game graphics freeze in the window where the click occurred. If it happens again I'll start another thread on that specific issue.

Return to EverQuest