FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Having trouble with modifier keys

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Silverback

Post Sat Sep 30, 2023 9:21 pm

Having trouble with modifier keys

I'm still having one issue on the current build in Everquest. I don't use broadcasting often, but I do use it in two scenarios. Logging into the game on 6 windows at character select by broadcasting the Enter key, and logging out of the game on all 6 windows by broadcasting CNTL-X. Enter is working fine, but it seems ISBoxer is not broadcasting the CNTL key. When I hit CNTL-X on the active window, that window begins to log out, but the toons on my other windows Duck, which is the X key in the game.

Build: 7217
Disable New Virtual Input box is checked

Thanks!

Edit - I also had my Shift key get stuck on tonight as well as the bug with an item on the cursor being positioned way off the cursor location on my swap window. I'm not sure what caused either of those bugs. For reference, I use a 6 window layout on 3 monitors. One full fixed screen on the main monitor, a full swap screen on a second monitor and 4 windows on a 3rd monitor.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Oct 01, 2023 1:38 am

Re: Having trouble with modifier keys

Please begin a new thread for new issues -- the thread you replied to is specifically regarding New Virtual Input, which you say you have disabled. Further, the bugs reported in that thread have been resolved since originally posted.

If you are having this type of issue with New Virtual Input disabled on 7217, then I will have to recommend you either un-disable New Virtual Input, or install build 7111 to determine if either of those things help. 7217 without New Virtual Input should behave the same as 7111 (which is from before the New Virtual Input was implemented). I would suggest turning it back on first.
<<

Silverback

Post Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:36 pm

Re: Having trouble with modifier keys

Okay then, sorry about that. So, here is the issue I had been experiencing previously that got me to try checking the Disable New Virtual Input box ...

Build: 7217
Disable New Virtual Input: UNCHECKED

When my main fixed window is the active window, right clicking my swap window causes the character on my main window to Mouse-Look Lock. Only puling the mouse cursor across monitors to my main fixed window and right clicking again releases the lock. When I do this the mouse cursor bounces back to my swap window. 7111 did not exhibit this behavior. It certainly could be a configuration issue with the way I set up my window layout, that didn't cause an issue until the newer builds. I'm willing to try any suggestions.

Thanks again.

Return to EverQuest