FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Eqemu Multiple everquest install location usage

Moderator: MiRai

<<

KalJenkins

Post Sun Sep 10, 2023 9:43 am

Eqemu Multiple everquest install location usage

Can we possibly allow innerspace to load everquest from multiple install locations ( minimum 2) for each toon loaded?

For example, the most common way to load up many toons in eqemu is to use one everquest folder for the main account and another for all other toons.

This allows me to run full settings and graphics on my main toon and drastically streamlined instances for my toons.

Eq loads faster and works much better this way despite modern hardware being 1,000 times as powerful as old.

THANK YOU for your consideration.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Sep 10, 2023 10:04 am

Re: Eqemu Multiple everquest install location usage

From Quick Start Guide Part 1: Before configuring ISBoxer
If your game was auto-detected by Inner Space, it will already be listed in the Inner Space menu, and may have a "No Patch" profile for you to use in ISBoxer. If it is not listed, you will need to select "Add Game" from the Inner Space menu, and point it to your game. HOWTO:Add a Game

You can use a different executable in a different folder for each individual ISBoxer "Character" if that helps... ISBoxer just needs to know which Inner Space Game Profile points at the specific executable you want to launch, for each "Character". You can also specify additional parameters to pass to the executable as part of the ISBoxer configuration.

To me it sounds like what you are asking for is covered by existing features.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:06 am

Re: Eqemu Multiple everquest install location usage

KalJenkins wrote:This allows me to run full settings and graphics on my main toon and drastically streamlined instances for my toons.

ISBoxer manages this feature via Virtual Files, so each character can have it's own copy of the settings files.
e.g. the eqclient.ini and eqlsplayerdata.ini are the main ones which determine graphics/audio settings (among other things).

Return to EverQuest