FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Problem with 1 window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Slimez

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:48 pm

Problem with 1 window

Hey guys.. I have a really strange issue.

I run 1 instance on my main monitor, and on monitor 2 I run five instances. Total of 6. So everything works beautifully, except for instance number 5 (it is the fourth window on monitor 2, 5th overall)

I did a completely fresh and clean install of EQ, ISBoxer ad innerspace, and didn't change the problem.

The problem is, for some reason, instance 5 gets like 7 FPS..... but all the other instances on monitor 2 get 20-28 FPS while the instance on monitor 1 gets 40+. Every instance is smooth and works perfect, but 5 is like a slideshow. Just really weird it is instance 5 every time. I tried multiple toons and it is always the same window!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Oh, and also, all my settings for in game are the exact same for all 6 of my instances...

HERE IS MY PASTE: http://www.privatepaste.com/be90277364

Monitor 2 looks like (X = empty):
X X X
5 6 X
2 3 4

It is number 5 that has the low FPS.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:28 pm

Re: Problem with 1 window

Ooookay, we could have continued talking about your issues in the same thread as before instead of starting a new one every time you want to talk about this. Thanks for your config this time, that helps. I see that cross-monitor swapping is on rather than off as I had attempted to discuss with you before. You could have responded to my post with something like "no that's not it" and tell me about your PC, Windows, this issue, etc.

Your issue with the one window being slow is probably not related, at all, to your Window Layout.

You have each of your Slots configured to slam the hell out of every CPU you've got. So that's what they're going to try to do. They're fighting over your 4 CPU cores each in an unlimited fashion. To the death.

You could start by re-enabling ISBoxer's FPS limiting feature, particularly for background windows. The purpose of this feature is to reduce CPU and GPU consumption in order to improve and smooth overall performance.

And then see CPU Management for strategy selecting your CPUs per Slot.

Between the two, you should be able to fix your performance issue.

Return to EverQuest