FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Example working ISBoxer profile

Moderator: MiRai

<<

BillyBobMcGee

Post Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:25 pm

Example working ISBoxer profile

Hello there. I'm just getting back to EQ after a long absence and am interested in trying out boxing with ISBoxer. I've used it before to do *very* rudimentary boxing with DAOC, but nothing on the scale of what I've seen in the "ISBoxing EverQuest" guide by firerescue17. I have read (and re-read) that post, as well as numerous other articles and am really feeling a bit over my head. I tried downloading the template and loading it into ISBoxer, but really having trouble following the guide since the template no longer seems to match many of the screenshots or videos. For example, in the "Auto-Follow, Movement, and Transportation" video, there is a VARIABLES keymap that doesn't exist in the template. I have watched that video at least 5-6 times and honestly have no clue how to go about setting up Auto-Follow using the method described in the video.

I know a lot of time and effort was spent in putting together that video, but it seems there are assumed configuration steps that aren't demonstrated in the video. For example, setting up the "Cycle Next Window" and "Cycle Previous Window" steps under the "Focus Me" configuration (8:30 in the video) are already pre-existing and the steps necessary to create them don't appear to be shown. In order to get this all straightened out in my head, ideally I would like to see a working template/profile that incorporates much of what firerescue17 demonstrates in the guide, such as Group Heals, buffs, etc..but with the addition of working auto-follow and targetting as described in the video. If anyone could possibly upload a working profile and share it with me, I would be forever grateful. Thanks in advance..
<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:20 am

Re: Example working ISBoxer profile

Here ya go. Have fun with it.

Download
<<

BillyBobMcGee

Post Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:14 am

Thanks so much! Will start going through it. I'm sure I will have a few questions :lol:
<<

limpinjezus

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:43 pm

firescue17 wrote:Here ya go. Have fun with it.

Download

Would you be willing to share the [KeyMaps] section from one of the eqclient_charactername.ini files? When the profile is referring to specific game hotkeys, its nice to know what those hotkeys are bound to in-game.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:46 pm

limpinjezus wrote:
firescue17 wrote:Here ya go. Have fun with it.

Download

Would you be willing to share the [KeyMaps] section from one of the eqclient_charactername.ini files? When the profile is referring to specific game hotkeys, its nice to know what those hotkeys are bound to in-game.

I would be happy to share the keybinds.
<<

jilazee

Post Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 am

I can 100% advise before diving into the profiles provided (which are awesome for inspiration and copying bits from for source material), play and experiential with it. Get a couple of toons up and running and setup some hot keys of your own, following a single character, Assisting and casting, assisting and casting for certain characters in a target action group etc etc. I tried many months ago to dive in at the deep end and got lost and frustrated for a week. Do a few simple things first to get a feel for the way ISBoxer works and then start diving deeper into the virtual key maps, hotbars, and FX windows.

Just my 2 cents but you'll learn a lot from playing with the system.
<<

limpinjezus

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Yeah I've been going through this profile for a few weeks now and it is starting to make sense now. It is a spaghetti for sure, but I trust the logic behind the decisions to approach things a certain way was sound, or at least tested and found to work sufficiently. In any case, I'm looking at the Menus, specifically the menu templates and you have references to custom XML files, ie. My ISBoxer Templates\Template_HUD_06_Box.xml. Also, you are referencing custom images in your Button Sets. I'm uncertain what you are doing with the template XML files and how it affects the profile functionally if I change them to one of the standard menu types.

Would you comment on the templates and images or maybe share them as well?

Thanks in advance.
<<

bob

Post Wed May 04, 2016 3:47 pm

The short answer is it wouldn't affect them functionally, unless there is custom Lavishscript code in the template file, which I suspect not, because it is hard to get that to work nicely while still providing configurability via ISBoxer.
For the most part, custom templates are a layout solution, and the custom images are to make things look nice.
<<

firescue17

Post Wed May 04, 2016 4:13 pm

They're just gray boxes with a black border. There's nothing fancy about them.

Return to EverQuest