FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Mercs are screwing everything up.

Moderator: MiRai

<<

dabrixmgp

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:41 pm

Mercs are screwing everything up.

So I was able to set up Assist and Follow from any Window and also my Healing Bar. They all worked fine and I was getting ready to start leveling. Soon as I added my 3 Mercs everything immediately broke. No one will follow or assist and my Heal Click Bar starts healing mercs and characters that dont match the name on the bar. Im almost to the point where I want to start breaking stuff. How do I make everything work when I have 3 Mercs in the group?

http://pastebin.com/GX9nHdLt
<<

dabrixmgp

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Re: Mercs are screwing everything up.

ok so i managed to fix assist and follow. But I cant make the heal bar work with Mercs.

here is my updated stuffs

http://pastebin.com/t0MFLZ1M
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Nov 27, 2015 8:33 pm

You haven't set your healing bar buttons to target any characters.
If you were following the guide in the forums, this said to assign the "GroupHeal Target Slot [n]" to the Mouseover option of the buttons.

To get it to work with the Mercs, then you will need to add specific mapped keys to target each of the Mercs. These can be GroupHeal Target Merc1, and send the appropriate keystroke (F2 by the looks of it) to GroupHeal.
Do the same for Merc2 and Merc3.
Add in some more buttons, and away you go.
<<

dabrixmgp

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:02 am

bob wrote:You haven't set your healing bar buttons to target any characters.
If you were following the guide in the forums, this said to assign the "GroupHeal Target Slot [n]" to the Mouseover option of the buttons.

To get it to work with the Mercs, then you will need to add specific mapped keys to target each of the Mercs. These can be GroupHeal Target Merc1, and send the appropriate keystroke (F2 by the looks of it) to GroupHeal.
Do the same for Merc2 and Merc3.
Add in some more buttons, and away you go.

yea when I posted my profile it might have been after I tinkered with it a little. Gonna try and figure it out today. If I cant get it to work will just scrap my current box group of Warrior/Druid/Enchanter with 3 wiz Mercs and switch to Necro/Druid/Bard or Necro/Necro/Bard and just kite. Wont have to heal then lol.
<<

tatanka7th

Post Sat Nov 28, 2015 11:13 am

Another alternative (since I never tried to use the click bar you're talking about), it to go something like DRU/ENC/MAG, and then one of each of the mercs (tank, healer, wiz). It's nowhere near bleeding edge, but I'm able to take on all level appropriate content so far (level 96), and it plays real easy. For people with slow reflexes like me, the urgent roles (tanking and healing) just happen automatically with the mercs :)

My even better suggestion is to keep working with the good folks here on the ISB forums. They are amazing, and will help you sort it all out.

Tat

Return to EverQuest