FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Random look down while in mouse look (Holding right mouse bu

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Paradigm68

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:43 pm

Random look down while in mouse look (Holding right mouse bu

Hello =)

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue?

When I click and hold the right mouse button for mouse look, my view will start moving downward towards the ground. I can try to mouse look back up, but it just continually pulls down to the ground. If I just click and hold the mouse, it will not focus downward, just when I actually start moving the mouse around in mouse look mode. It feels like the Invert Y Axis , which is not selected, is randomly kicking in, causing the mouse to start looking downwards while trying to look upwards (while down will still be down). If I move the mouse right and left it does not seem to happen. If I turn Invert Y Axis ON, the bug will reverse and switch to looking up rather than down.

It does this on both computers - one with windows 10 and the other with Windows Vista.

This only happens when using ISBoxer. If I unload ISBoxer and log in Via EQWin 2.0 or just the EQ client alone, the issue goes away.

I am not stating this is an ISBoxer issue, but possibly something conflicting with it specifically.

If anyone has any suggestions at all they think might help with the issue, please let me know. I would appreciate it greatly.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:55 pm

Re: Random look down while in mouse look (Holding right mouse bu

I saw a post for this the other day, but I cannot locate it.
My suspicion is that the game resolution is not the same as your Window Layout resolution for your reset region.
<<

Paradigm68

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 10:35 pm

Interesting - I currently have no window layout. My windows stack on top of each other with in game resolution set to 1440 x 900. I realize this may seem counter productive, but I don't want the mini screens or the black border that fills the rest of the screen.

I will test this tonight to see if it is the issue.
<<

Paradigm68

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:30 pm

Thank you so much!

This solved the issue.

I set to Stacked Full screen and manually set the resolution to 1440 x 900 - problem fixed!

Now is there anyway to keep the window Windows Border - Actually liked the "is# (Alt + #) <NAME> (Server) - <Group name>" at the top of each window =P
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:32 pm

Paradigm68 wrote:Now is there anyway to keep the window Windows Border - Actually liked the "is# (Alt + #) <NAME> (Server) - <Group name>" at the top of each window =P

You can adjust the border option for each region of your Window Layout in the Region Editor (right hand side) of said Window Layout.
<<

txcanyon

Post Fri May 13, 2016 7:20 am

I hate to bring up an old thread, but I am having the same issue that the OP has, but the solution makes things even worse for me.

Creating a stacked window layout, makes it impossible for me to minimize a screen, they just pop back up and are relatively unusable until I unminimize it. Of course then doing nothing other than right clicking causes the floor syndrome to the point where I have to close out the game.

My only effective solution I have found is to have no window layouts and just deal with the mouselook going to the floor issue. The problem is less pronounced when I only have one character running, but it still happens, and happens a good bit more often when 2 logged on the same computer.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri May 13, 2016 8:24 am

txcanyon wrote:I hate to bring up an old thread, but I am having the same issue that the OP has, but the solution makes things even worse for me.

Creating a stacked window layout, makes it impossible for me to minimize a screen, they just pop back up and are relatively unusable until I unminimize it. Of course then doing nothing other than right clicking causes the floor syndrome to the point where I have to close out the game.

My only effective solution I have found is to have no window layouts and just deal with the mouselook going to the floor issue. The problem is less pronounced when I only have one character running, but it still happens, and happens a good bit more often when 2 logged on the same computer.

Wait, why do you have to "minimize" a screen? ISBoxer does not typically allow the windows to be minimized at all if you use a Window Layout.

There is another way to do what you're wanting to do by minimizing a window, but I must understand what you're actually trying to get at to point you in the right direction.
<<

txcanyon

Post Sat May 14, 2016 5:59 pm

I minimize screens to look at websites etc. It works fine when only one client running in windowed mode; Without a window layout.

I will say and I don't know if it has any bearing on the issue about multiple clients, but Nvidia Drivers any newer than 359.06 do not work at all with Isboxer running without a window layout. The screen is just blank. This happens on different Nvidia architectures (happens on my GT 650m and 970m as well as a desktop GTX 970). Unfortunately I do not have any AMD products to test this with. Of course if I run a window layout, all heck breaks loose and have tons of the looking at the floor problems. Hence thats why I dont have a layout. If it' a technical issue due to running windowed mode then I guess I'll deal with it.. I've been using the software for years as is, and will continue to do so. :mrgreen:
<<

jessegemstone

Post Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:06 pm

Figured I'll bump this thread since I am having the same issue.

I installed isboxer for EQ and finally got it working. I still have a couple of issues I need to figure out but my main one is mouselook, if I have mouselook active and try to use it my character immediately looks towards the ground and cant get out of there. I think this is the same issue the others in this thread were having.

I manually set the resolution of the main window to my ingame resolution, but I still have the issue. Without isboxer on it works fine, anyone found a solution to this?

Return to EverQuest