FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I get follow and assist working from any window in EQ

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finitematter

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:44 am

How do I get follow and assist working from any window in EQ

I have tried my best to follow the threads here in the forums and watching Mirai's video, and I dont know why but no matter what I do I cannot get either of these functions to work in eq on any of my 3 box team.

I have the key maps created, have assist and follow variable keystroke set to ctrl-f1 and ctrl-f2, I have macros created in game that I have tested and work on each character with ctrl-f1 and ctrl-f2 mapped to them. I am not sure what the best way to upload my profile but I can do that if it would help.

My first attempt at isboxer was for a different team of three that I had, and somehow I actually got assist and follow to work, it was great. I even copied that profile and switched out the characters to my new team of 3 and it didnt work!

Please help! I got two das left in my free trial and I want to see how good my setup is with my new team before having to either buy or decide not to multibox.

Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 am

Re: How do I get follow and assist working from any window in EQ

Show us your configuration so we can see what you may have missed
http://isboxer.com/wiki/Configuration_Sharing
<<

Finitematter

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:23 am

I managed to get auto follow to work on one character, but not the rest lol. Assist doesnt work at all, it just makes me other two characters select the first slot in my group instead of my actual target.
Attachments
sk shm brd.xml
My Profile
(135.56 KiB) Downloaded 455 times
<<

Finitematter

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:50 am

I got it! my character set hotkeys for targetting the slots ( I was confusing with party member slots) were all wrong. Once I fixed that, auto follow and assist work perfectly.

I appreciate the time taken to view my post and offer to help, Thanks!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:01 am

Oh, good. Glad you got it sorted :)
<<

Finitematter

Post Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:46 pm

Im sure there is so much more I can do with isboxer, gonna take more time to configure it than I have before my free week runs out. I find that having a SK tank, SHM buffer / healer / DPS and Bard that I way overuse the mana on my shaman because im casting dots 2-3 times due to my SK hotbar having bash, kick, and other similar abilities on it. Ill figure something out, but perhaps those of you with experience can suggest a keymap / click bar setup.

I have a click bar setup for healing so I can click the set of three boxes from any character and have my shaman heal, or regen, or what have you from any screen. Now I need to learn about video FX so I can have my bards melody and travel songs visible on my main (SK) screen and cast them from there.

Return to EverQuest