FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

HELP cannot play devilian

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:11 am

Re: HELP cannot play devilian

TBH I can't be 100% certain; but it has resolved some peoples issues in the past with Trion games, so I definitely recommend it.
<<

dut

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:53 am

cant seem to get any further did get some driver updates but still havent made it past the crash when loading characters sets
only thing i was unable to figure out was my windows update that is giving me error code 80050007
<<

dut

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:13 am

i ran a windows memory diagnostic tool to check if my memory had an issue but it came back good. so at this point im completely stumped and hope to hear from lax or someone who knows what my issue could be. after everything ive tried upto this point its obvious something is causing the game to not load but i am able to load up 3 devilian clients and have 3 characters playing but inner space will not work . check back occassionally for a response
<<

dut

Post Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:06 pm

isboxer/innerspace is still not launching the game. still waiting on other opinions or someone who can read my reports in the first post and tell me what is causing the issue
<<

bob

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:57 am

dut wrote:only thing i was unable to figure out was my windows update that is giving me error code 80050007
This is usually because one or more of the updates are failing, but it tends to roll back all those that will apply afterwards. You need to look into which one is failing (event logs, the message that appears, update logs, etc). If that particular update is a non-important one (like the currency symbol updates), then hide/unselect it and retry. If is a security update, then you may need to shut down any non-essential services, or even use Safemode with Networking to install it.

dut wrote:isboxer/innerspace is still not launching the game. still waiting on other opinions or someone who can read my reports in the first post and tell me what is causing the issue
Based on the information in the pastes previously provided, there is not a lot else to go on. It is not a case of someone magically reading the stack ouput, or knowing what the registers are pointing to. I can see it is an access violation error, and I can see that the EBX register is probably incorrect as it is all 0's, and that happens to be the address of the access violation (ESI and EDI are also 0's, which is also a little odd, but it is more likely to be EBX), I can also see that the stack of calls, are passing through mainly the GlyphClient and a bunch of Windows dll's. There is one redirection down via InnerSpace.dll, but that is far enough away from the top of the stack that it is not likely to be the source of the incorrect address pointer.

You might also try shutting down Windows Defender in the control panel (just as a test, you can always start it again afterwards).
You might consider reinstalling and patching your OS (this option I don't propose lightly; it has fixed issues for people previously who have not been able to track down a source for errors, which is the only reason I mention it).
<<

dut

Post Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:36 am

Hey bob and thanks i may just have to reinstall windows 7. havent been able to find an issue or what is causing my problems even had a few other people outside of here to help me and they arent sure either. i will give this a try and let you know what i find out.
<<

dut

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:27 am

ok so i tried everything u suggested and i have had 0 luck but i just re installed my OS/drivers and i have been patching all of the windows updates. i just tried downloading isboxer and innerspace again ran through the wizard and launched but it looks like i am getting the same errors as before. It could be that i am setting isboxer up incorrectly but i followed mirai's video on how to setup devilian unless there is something else i need to do that he didnt have to.

For tonight i will continue to try and patch windows updates because i dont think i have gotten all of them yet then try again tomorrow.

Also i even tried the test server and turning off windows defender after reinstalling my OS.

If possible is there anyone willing to use Remote assist and try to look over my setup to see what i am missing or having the problems with.
<<

Dadjutsu

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 5:57 am

1. when you are trying to update windows, you must be admin
2. is your windows a genuine copy, as you are getting an access denied error, if your copy is genuine then try re validating your windows, if that fails, then you need to check for malware, some malware removes the windows validation certificate

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003
<<

dut

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:21 am

ok well i am an admin so the updates and everything are installing just fine now that i re installed my OS. The issue is windows 7 has 100 updates that i am slowly installing. i dont believe windows updates are my issue if it is then i just need to keep patching them all.

Yes my windows is a genuine copy and its validated so the windows doesnt seem to be the problem anymore.

Currently this is the crash report http://pastebin.com/LrWz46fb i am getting with fresh windows 7 64bit. ( isboxer/innerspace teamspeak glyph and devilian are the only things downloaded onto my pc atm)

Here is my configuration for ISboxer http://pastebin.com/jsJHPAYy

Here is the diagnostic report from ISboxer http://pastebin.com/WFXf4iH1
<<

bob

Post Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:40 am

Keep going with the Windows Updates. It might take a little while if you have a slower speed internet connection.

On another note, I would not recommend using this.
Code:
17. DriverSupport.exe - Process ID: 1088 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Driver Support\DriverSupport.exe) [Admin:YES] [x64] [10.1.2.41] [PC Drivers Headquarters] [Driver Support]
18. DriverSupportAO.exe - Process ID: 1616 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Veloxum\iPTE\DriverSupportAO.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.4.8495] [PC Drivers HeadQuarters LP] [Driver Support Active Optimization]
19. DriverSupportAOsvc.exe - Process ID: 1560 (C:\Program Files (x86)\Veloxum\iPTE\DriverSupportAOsvc.exe) [Admin:NO] [x86] [1.0.4.8495] [PC Drivers HeadQuarters LP] [Driver Support Active Optimization Service]
Most of the time this PC Driver Support software is classed as Malware, or at the very least Nagware, depending on what you read on the internet.
It obviously isn't working very well either as the ATI/AMD drivers that are loading are a few years out of date. I suggest you download the correct Catalyst files (rather than Crimson) directly from the source and don't install the Gaming Evolved (Raptr).

When doing a complete reinstall I recommend you go to your motherboard manufacturer's page yourself and download your needed system drivers from there, and any component drivers direct from the respective manufacturer, rather than use the PC Driver Support software. This way you 1. wont get anything unexpected from the driver support software (which it is apparently happy to install stuff for you and then nag you to pay for it), and 2. you don't install drivers you don't actually need (e.g. are you actually running a RAID?).
PreviousNext

Return to Devilian