FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Devilian: Keys are not sent

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Perrigrin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:50 pm

Devilian: Keys are not sent

So, following up a new thread on my issues with Devilian.

I run latest (release) IS, and ISBoxer 41.14.1220.1

I have Devilian configured to the glyphlauncher (and the glyphlauncher set to remain open).

I have run numerous attempts to make this work - But this is the last steps I followed:

- deleted all Devilian Character Sets
- deleted all Devilian Characters
(kept Game configuration)

- deleted -charname files (couldn't find all)

- Ran wizard for 2 new Chars
- Exported to IS

- Ran Char 1 - from IS boxer

I am sure I would have other issues, but here is the first:

As the character loads up, I can interact fine with mouse, keybinds for turning maps and broadcasts on and off works - But, no keyboard input is sent to the game - Any keypress while playing the game just gets eaten somewhere.

Here is my config, its the "Devil Duo" profile and "Devil 2" character that I try with: https://gist.github.com/anonymous/374dd56b3fcd6d016686
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:58 pm

Re: Devilian: Keys are not sent

I just loaded up your profile to test and, after deleting everything out of it that which I could not use, I loaded it up and both the mouse and keyboard worked just fine. So...

First, I'd strongly recommend that, right now and in the future, when you have problems you use a completely fresh profile to test. You can back up your current profile by using File > SaveAs to save it as something else, and then clear it all by going to File > Clear (this also changes the profile's filename back to default).

Second, you say you're launching from ISBoxer, but I would suggest launching from the Inner Space system tray menu. This really shouldn't make a difference, especially in this case, but whenever there are issues sometimes this solves them.

Third, if you've completely cleared your profile and started over, and it still does not work, then we may need a diagnostic (for game crashes), but grab it from a client running through Inner Space, rather than outside of.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Think I need to recreate the "Game"?

Also, where are virtual files stored so I can clear them?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Perrigrin wrote:Think I need to recreate the "Game"?

I don't know what you mean by this. If you're asking if you should re-add the game to Inner Space, then no, if the game is launching then it's properly added.

Perrigrin wrote:Also, where are virtual files stored so I can clear them?

Every virtual file for Devilian is located in the Devilian game folder. However, some of the files are created only after the characters enter the the game world, and then the client fully exited.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:45 am

Brand new config, still can't press any keys in game :(

Any ideas?
<<

Perrigrin

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:37 pm

I recreated the config 2-3 times now - completely stumped

A few theories:

1) it's related to the Window Layout (I have to swap monitor order to get it to work), also, reason I'm thinking this is that sometimes the mouse is off (ie I have to click below a button to hit it)

2) it's related to my in-game graphics settings, I run full screen

3) it's somehow related to my install of the game or my setup of the game in IS (since I cleared my config in ISBoxer, I have yet to successfully launch two instances by launching the character set - It only launches one, then does nothing for the second)

Just to verify that my IS/IS boxer is ok, I reloaded an old config and started up a 4 box Diablo 3 Character Set - Works with no problems.

I'm stumped, please any thoughts?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:09 pm

Perrigrin wrote:1) it's related to the Window Layout

I highly doubt your Window Layout has anything to do with successfully broadcasting keystrokes to each game client.

Perrigrin wrote:(I have to swap monitor order to get it to work)

Get what to work?

Perrigrin wrote:2) it's related to my in-game graphics settings, I run full screen

You should be running Windowed, and assuming you used the Quick Setup Wizard to set up your team, as well as selected Devilian on Step 1 of the Wizard, then ISBoxer will be forcing windowed mode upon export. However, this won't affect broadcasting keystrokes to each game client, but will affect the mouse.

Perrigrin wrote:3) it's somehow related to my install of the game or my setup of the game in IS (since I cleared my config in ISBoxer, I have yet to successfully launch two instances by launching the character set - It only launches one, then does nothing for the second)

Are you closing the launcher after the first game client opens? If not, you need to be closing the launcher. That is the only way that Inner Space is going to launch a second launcher, so that you can start up a second game client.

If you are closing the launcher after the first game client is launched, then just re-launch your Character Set.

Perrigrin wrote:I'm stumped, please any thoughts?

What keys are you pressing? And where are you pressing them? I honestly have no idea why every other game would work for you except Devilian, especially since I loaded up your other profile and it worked perfectly fine for me.
<<

Perrigrin

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 8:38 am

For some reason IS wasn't fixing my config so I was indeed running full screen even when launching through IS or ISBoxer, I swapped to "windowed" in game, and now all keys work.

Thanks for all the support on this one.

(might be opening another thread on my other issues soon if those werent related to the same :P)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 10:54 am

Perrigrin wrote:For some reason IS wasn't fixing my config so I was indeed running full screen even when launching through IS or ISBoxer, I swapped to "windowed" in game, and now all keys work.

(might be opening another thread on my other issues soon if those werent related to the same :P)

Are you certain your ISBoxer up to date? You can check by going to the Help menu, and selecting About, and you should be running 1220.1. Only the most recent version of ISBoxer will fix the issues with Devilian.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:00 am

MiRai wrote:
Perrigrin wrote:For some reason IS wasn't fixing my config so I was indeed running full screen even when launching through IS or ISBoxer, I swapped to "windowed" in game, and now all keys work.

Are you certain your ISBoxer up to date? You can check by going to the Help menu, and selecting About, and you should be running 1220.1. Only the most recent version of ISBoxer will fix the issues with Devilian.

It also requires the ClientOption.xml virtual file assigned to the Characters (done by the QSW when selecting Devilian as opposed to Other on page 1) and ISBoxer has to be able to find the Devilian folder (not just the Glyph folder). Depending on how Devilian was installed/copied/moved/whatever that's probably the difficult part.
Next

Return to Devilian