FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Example of a "Mapped Key"?

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Finney

Post Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:23 pm

Example of a "Mapped Key"?

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone had worked up a procedure into the equivalent of a mapped key, you know, like the functionality of "DPS Rotation Single Target." Trying to poke around in global modules and not getting it.

Even a "ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML" file that I could load and look at would be educational.

Thanks.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:34 am

Re: Example of a "Mapped Key"?

Even a "ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML" file that I could load and look at would be educational.

Procedures won't be kept in an ISBoxer 2 Profile XML :) User-defined Modules (and their Procedures) are stored in separate Module.XML files in the Modules sub-folder.

But to your question -- I am working on a User-defined Module for distribution, which will include Procedures and Hotkeys. While I work on that, I am also further developing the editors for both Procedures and Hotkeys; fixing some bugs and filling in some missing details.

More info to come later today or tomorrow
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:06 pm

Okay, took slightly longer than planned, but here we go.

First, update ISBoxer 2 to 2.0.10329.1. You can just restart it and click the update button that should automatically come up unless you turned off the notices, in which case go into the Settings window to find the option.

Download the attached zip file, and extract into the ISBoxer 2\Modules folder (e.g. Program Files (x86)\ISBoxer 2\Modules). The zip only has one file, you should end up with a file ISBoxer 2\Modules\Realm of the Mad God\Module.XML.

After doing so, the next time you launch ISBoxer 2 it will automatically discover the Module, and you can go into the Settings window to check it out.

Here is what you'll see. Here's the Hotkeys ... (This is the ISBoxer 2 equivalent of the Key Map from http://isboxer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2245)

.. and here's the Procedures, with an expanded view of the 2-Step "Toggle ROTMG Hotkeys"

The Toggle in Step 1 pops up text and disables Hotkeys with the "ROTMG Hotkeys" Tag, via the SetHotkeysEnabledByTag Instruction. Step 2 then re-enables them.

The table in the Multi-Step support grid sets up precisely the per-Step options available in ISBoxer 1. The options have been ported directly to ISBoxer 2. The difference here is you don't drop Actions in a separate Step in ISBoxer 2; instead the Switch Instruction is used with [[CurrentStep]], and then Branches matching the Step number are used to handle each Step. This way gives a lot more freedom over ISBoxer 1's method, for example you can have an Instruction that is performed on every single Step, regardless of which Step it is actually on, and also do per-Step behaviors. I believe the only option missing at the moment is the reset option, e.g. reset to step 1 after x from the last press.

Now, as for the "Virtual Combat" part of what I think you want to be asking, the ProcedureCall Instruction is the new "Do Mapped Key Action". I have some work to do on configuring ProcedureCall Instructions, but basically one might have various Procedures that cover the individual DPS Rotations (e.g. multi-Step sending buttons to the current window). On top of that you might have a Variable in each window that stores which Procedure to use for their DPS Rotation (this is the Virtualization), used by the Virtualizer Procedure that does something like ProcedureCall "[[Variable:DPSRotationProcedure]]", sent to the current window. And finally on top of that, a Master Procedure to use ProcedureCall, sending to whichever windows need to do this DPS. A Hotkey can then have that Master Procedure as its Action; it can also be activated by a Button on a Widget, etc.

4. Class-specific DPS Procedure
3. Virtualizer Procedure
2. Master Procedure
1. Hotkey

Hotkey -> Master Procedure -> Virtualizer Procedure -> Class-specific DPS Rotation.

I don't have an example prepared for this part, but it is all coming together so that shouldn't be long
Attachments
ISBoxer2Module.Realm of the Mad God.zip
Fixed bug with Tags
(1.85 KiB) Downloaded 589 times
<<

Finney

Post Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:55 pm

Thanks for the update. I'm poring over it now. I think I may have confused some hotkeys due to opening the module while I had my LOTRO profile already open.

Return to Alpha Discussion