FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Feature requests

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:21 am

Feature requests

Hi, I did a little bit of testing today with ISBoxer 2 in RIFT and here are some things I couldn't find how to set or couldn't get to work:

1. Support multiple computers (I use 2-5 computers, rarely just one)
2. Disable audio from non-active clients
3. Character-specific keybindings for Follow (I tried Ctrl+Shift+F to press for "Follow Me", and set the Follow column to Ctrl+F11, Shift+F11, Alt+F11 with the intention that it would broadcast different key-presses depending on which character I currently use as main)
4. Broadcast mouse-click at current mouse position (I like to use Shift+LMB to sync mouse position and broadcast LMB click to all clients)
5. Multi-step keyboard actions (one action on keydown and a second on keyup)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 12:18 pm

Re: Feature requests

Thank you for your feedback -- and yes, this is absolutely the right place to be posting for all things ISBoxer 2 Alpha at the moment

Character-specific key bindings for RIFT currently (not sure what you've tried):
1. Open the Team Editor
2. Select the Party Module (under Modules tab)
3a. Party Mode defaulted to In-game Macro-based Party List, right? And shows "Character-specific macro key bindings" table. This table is currently EMPTY by default, but for RIFT it will probably soon follow the ISB1 RIFT guide as far as default bindings. You should be able to click on each spot under Follow and Assist, and fill in which key will follow or assist each toon.
3b. Alternatively, Slot-order Party List may work. Set the Game Key Bindings for Follow, Assist, Interact.

As for setting up your custom Hotkeys ("key mappings"), there will be controls in the Team Editor to more easily set these up (especially the more common ones) on a per-Team or per-Character basis, but right now you will need to edit a User-defined Module via the Global Settings. Click the Settings gear on the main window (next to the minimize/etc at the top right), then select the "ISBoxer 2 Modules" tab. If you want this per-Team, there's a default module created for your team -- select that, or create a new Module to assign to your Team (back in the Team Editor after setting this up).

Now, two things. First, the "Hotkey" part is set up in the Hotkeys tab. If there is an existing Procedure or Procedure Generator (for what you're asking at the moment, there is not yet), you can just add a Hotkey and be done with it. Tick the "Main Hotkey Toggle" to attach it to the default Shift+Alt+M toggle, and make sure you tick Enable ;) The Key itself is then configurable in the Team Editor under Hotkeys.

So assuming there's not an existing Procedure, click the Procedures tab. Click the + to add a Procedure, then click on something in the added row to pop up the editor at the bottom for your new Procedure. Give it a Display name, and then get busy on Instructions under "On press" and "On release". For your mouse click, you want Sync Cursor which is under Input/Output -- at the moment that one is not implemented in the editor, and causes a crash, so Save before you try that -- whoops. I'll fix that, but you'll want one of those under "On press" and then use a Button Instruction (also under Input/Output) under "On release", with the Combo set to Mouse1 (although Mouse1 doesn't auto-detect or show up in the popup's drop-down, so I'll have to fix that too). But, this is exactly how you'll do your request #5 with one Instruction on down and a different Instruction on up.

Note that Procedures can have Parameters and use Variables, so once some of this stuff is hashed out you should need many fewer Procedures than you have Mapped Keys in ISBoxer 1. For example, if you have a lot of cases where you just want one key sent on key down, and one sent on key up, you will be able to set up one Procedure that accepts the keys as two Parameters.

After creating a Procedure you can then go into the Hotkeys tab, add a Hotkey as described above, and your new Propcedure should show up in the "Selected procedure" drop-down box at the bottom.

Your #1 and #2 are indeed not fully implemented at the moment. Let me know if you give any of the above a shot, and I'll be working on your requests this week. I've also added 30 days to your subscription, thank you for providing feedback.
<<

Smedbox

Post Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:24 pm

LOL, the first thing I did was double-click SyncCursor and get the crash, before I finished reading the rest of your post... :) And yeah, I should've reported that Mouse <N> wasn't in the pulldown list, I noticed that before... (Thanks for the extra month!)

I found the Procedures tab and I now understand how it's supposed to work. It sounds great, I like procedures and parameters.

For the Follow, yeah I use "In-game Macro-based Party List" party mode in the Party Module, and that's where I set up the table for character-specific keybinds for Follow and Assist. So for my three clients, Follow is set to Ctrl+F11, Shift+F11 and Alt+F11 in the column for Follow. The "Follow Target", "Assist Target" and "Interact with Target" boxes below are empty. In the second section ("ISBoxer 2 Hotkeys (you press these!)", I set Ctrl+Shift+F for "Follow Me".

So if I'm currently using client #1 on the main screen, I want to press Ctrl+Shift+F and send Ctrl+F11 to client #2 and #3. I haven't been able to actually get into the game with ISBoxer 2 today because of the weird mouse-click issue (explained below), but how do I show the IS debug window in-game that shows what buttons are sent to a client so I can debug further?

--

Other stuff:
6. LMB cycles client windows: I can confirm that the Glyph launcher seems to be auto-closed by ISBoxer 2. However, the Glyph launcher for the subsequent client starts at some weird non-top-window state so they're not visible. I use stacked fullscreen windows for my 3 clients. It seems to be difficult to get subsequent Glyph windows to appear (to let me click the big red "PLAY" button). Clicking Glyph on the taskbar doesn't make it show up. Alt-tab seem unreliable. LMB the game window for client #1 (making it fullscreen) and then alt-tab works to show the next Glyph launcher, but then all game clients seem to get into some weird state where LMB will cycle to the next game window, instead of letting me click on anything in the game (e.g. the in-game PLAY button on the character select screen). I haven't found any workaround to stop this behavior, other than close all clients and trying to launch them again.

7. Renaming a procedure doesn't seem to work (callers are not updated)

8. Video Picture-In-Picture: I like to show other clients as small PIP windows at the bottom of the screen on top of a fullscreen game client (this way I can arrange game UI around them to save screen space, and all game clients run at the same resolution for easy mouse broadcasting). Then I want to be able to mouse-click a PIP window to switch that client to go fullscreen and become my new "main" character. How do I set that up in ISBoxer 2?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:24 am

how do I show the IS debug window in-game that shows what buttons are sent to a client so I can debug further?

That's an ISBoxer 1 window you're thinking of. The ISBoxer 2 equivalent is not yet implemented, but the upcoming build does include in-game GUI work (currently not the debug output though).

I have an update for the Party Module in the next build as well that should fill in the keys for RIFT in the table, and should correctly apply the table too.

6. LMB cycles client windows: I can confirm that the Glyph launcher seems to be auto-closed by ISBoxer 2. However, the Glyph launcher for the subsequent client starts at some weird non-top-window state so they're not visible. I use stacked fullscreen windows for my 3 clients. It seems to be difficult to get subsequent Glyph windows to appear (to let me click the big red "PLAY" button). Clicking Glyph on the taskbar doesn't make it show up. Alt-tab seem unreliable. LMB the game window for client #1 (making it fullscreen) and then alt-tab works to show the next Glyph launcher, but then all game clients seem to get into some weird state where LMB will cycle to the next game window, instead of letting me click on anything in the game (e.g. the in-game PLAY button on the character select screen). I haven't found any workaround to stop this behavior, other than close all clients and trying to launch them again.

Weird. Sounds like it may be an "Always On Top" related issue. I'll look into that. From a quick glance at the Full Screen Stacked generator, that setting should be Off for all, so I may have to do some digging to find the problem. In the meantime the other layout styles should work fine.

7. Renaming a procedure doesn't seem to work (callers are not updated)

They are referenced by a hidden GUID, so the name should be irrelevant to callers. If you can be more specific as to what you're looking at after doing exactly what, I'll certainly check it out. I would guess it is just a cosmetic/display issue though.

8. Video Picture-In-Picture: I like to show other clients as small PIP windows at the bottom of the screen on top of a fullscreen game client (this way I can arrange game UI around them to save screen space, and all game clients run at the same resolution for easy mouse broadcasting). Then I want to be able to mouse-click a PIP window to switch that client to go fullscreen and become my new "main" character. How do I set that up in ISBoxer 2?

At present time you should also be able to create that as a Window Layout by selecting the User style, then arrange the regions on top of the main screen, while using Always On Top (when a game window is active) for them. VFX in ISBoxer 2 is a work in progress, but the simplest answer when it is ready enough will be to create a Widget with a VFX element (or many of them) in it.

Return to Alpha Discussion