ISB2 1102

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:37 am

ISB2 1102

Couple of initial oddities.

1. The scaling looks weird. If I increase the size, then it adjusts the size of the various sections, Browser, Log and Buttons. When decreasing it from an enlarged sized, the section size adjustment is not in proportion to the original, so the info browser stays the same size, but the log and Character Set button area is shrunk.
2. When dragging ISB2 between monitors, the Browser will lag in the movement while the application window is displayed across 2 monitors.
3. You get weird artefacts.
4. When using PPI scaling (I've set to 109 PPI because that is the physical setup of my monitor), then you get fuzzy text in some places. Oddly enough larger sizes reduce the fuzzies.
5. If I set the browser and the log to swap places, it doesn't quite work out..
6. If I hit launch, and it doesn't for some reason (my additional parameters did not parse for some reason), I'm then stuck waiting for a while (3 minutes??) before I can Edit my config again to fix any issue with the Characters.
7. G keys aren't available in the Hotkey Picker. The ordering in the list is also a bit odd (F10, <then other keys, mainly the NumPad>, then F11, F12), and there is a weird <00> key.. whats this one?
8. I think the "Show more options..." shouldn't show if there are no more options. I find myself clicking it just so see what more options there are, only to turn it off and on again a few times just to see if I've missed the more options appearing because it doesn't seem like anything new turned up.
Attachments
Browser and Log switch.png
Browser and Log switch.png (44.24 KiB) Viewed 28443 times
Fuzzy Text with 109PPI.png
Fuzzy text at 109 PPI
Fuzzy Text with 109PPI.png (44.9 KiB) Viewed 28444 times
Scaling.png
Scaling artefacts (note I've scaled down the image size here by 50% on both dimensions)
Scaling.png (52.52 KiB) Viewed 28444 times
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 7:09 am

Re: ISB2 1102

1. The scaling looks weird. If I increase the size, then it adjusts the size of the various sections, Browser, Log and Buttons. When decreasing it from an enlarged sized, the section size adjustment is not in proportion to the original, so the info browser stays the same size, but the log and Character Set button area is shrunk.

I see what you mean, the bottom left spot continues extending to the right.

2. When dragging ISB2 between monitors, the Browser will lag in the movement while the application window is displayed across 2 monitors.

Yeah, the browsers are actually separate windows rendered on top of the ISB2 window. I need to find a way to better sync it while dragging so you don't notice that it is separate; I may just hide it while you drag.

3. You get weird artefacts.

This would appear that the browser is not fully filling the border in your screenshot. I'm so far unable to reproduce that, so if you have a sequence that can do it let me know.

It is possible that both #2 and #3, and #5, are related to your PPI scaling setting, my calculations may need to account for that to correctly size & position the browsers for you. All of them line up correctly here.

4. When using PPI scaling (I've set to 109 PPI because that is the physical setup of my monitor), then you get fuzzy text in some places. Oddly enough larger sizes reduce the fuzzies.

I'm not sure we can avoid that exactly, if they are both set for scaling. If it is only specific pieces like "Choose your team" I might be able to do something about it -- it could be fuzzy because of the drop shadow.

7. G keys aren't available in the Hotkey Picker. The ordering in the list is also a bit odd (F10, <then other keys, mainly the NumPad>, then F11, F12), and there is a weird <00> key.. whats this one?

The order should basically be the same as ISB1. ISB1 filtered out the 00 key. I think it is just a key most keyboards do not have, like F13-F24, and I would presume it's a number pad 00 key.

8. I think the "Show more options..." shouldn't show if there are no more options. I find myself clicking it just so see what more options there are, only to turn it off and on again a few times just to see if I've missed the more options appearing because it doesn't seem like anything new turned up.

Agreed
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:12 am

lax wrote:

The order should basically be the same as ISB1. ISB1 filtered out the 00 key. I think it is just a key most keyboards do not have, like F13-F24, and I would presume it's a number pad 00 key.

Don't mess with the 00, yo!

http://i.imgur.com/g2iixRD.jpg
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 04, 2015 12:23 pm

Now that I've had some time to do some research on these points..

Okay so the thing here is that when you increase the scale I have ISB2 increasing the size of the window, because at any given scale there is a minimum size for all of the elements to fit. However, decreasing the scale does not decrease the size of the window (the minimum size is the only thing being applied, and it is already large enough). This is really the only reason that it may not be in proportion to the original, and for the moment you can adjust the size of the window to correct it as desired.

I've changed it for next update to directly scale the window first before applying the minimum checks, this should take care of that for most cases.

It is possible that both #2 and #3, and #5, are related to your PPI scaling setting, my calculations may need to account for that to correctly size & position the browsers for you. All of them line up correctly here.

This hunch has been confirmed and the issue should be corrected for the next update.

6. If I hit launch, and it doesn't for some reason (my additional parameters did not parse for some reason), I'm then stuck waiting for a while (3 minutes??) before I can Edit my config again to fix any issue with the Characters.

I've added an "Abort Launch" button for next update, which will appear during the Launching state.

I'll get the G-key thing sorted and look into hiding the "Show more options..." box when possible.

Return to Alpha Discussion