FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Cursor issue with Trove

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Wheathn

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:38 am

Cursor issue with Trove

The windows cursor is stuck on there. Can't get the camera to move or the game cursor to show on any slot that isn't active.
They can click to attack (shown), but not move the camera or click menu options eg. <Join> friend.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:22 am

Re: Cursor issue with Trove

I'll have to try to get that to happen too, but first are you on Inner Space build 6087 as per the other thread?

Wheathn wrote:
Prevail wrote:To fix this issue (for me at least, works every time on every instance of Trove)

I have caps lock set to switch between each window, I go through each one inputting alt+enter twice to enter fullscreen and leave. After you leave fullscreen, set your computers focus to another window (I have two monitors, so I just click on my chrome on my right monitor) and upon clicking back on the one you just did the key combinations on, it'll be fullscreened.

This works for me, but it locks the slot to cursor mode. Is it the same for you? Not a big deal I suppose. Probably preferable to normal actually if you're just leeching with them.

Er, the last post on this thread is my post about the issue he's working around that way, being fixed. Are you on Inner Space build 6087? If not, switch to it.

Inner Space build 6087, now the development build of Inner Space, corrects the "zoom" issue, where the game adjusted the resolution to match what was supposed to be a scaled-down window size. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" (unless you've already ticked it for the other fix) and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know how it goes. :)
<<

Wheathn

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:26 pm

Yeah, I had the option checked but I guess I didn't finish patching till I reset it again just now. The zoom is fixed yes.

I just tried it again with isb2 and same issue. However I did get one slot to work, not sure how though.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:38 pm

So far I'm unable to duplicate this issue. Get me "Diagnostics for game crashes" from one of the running Trove instances -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics. I'll be looking at the list of other programs and modules loaded within Trove to see if something sticks out as perhaps causing the problem.

Does this issue begin immediately? I mean, I log in and immediately see the correct cursor or reticle in the middle of the screen. I do see a related issue in that movement occurs in the game any time you move the mouse over the game window, even if it is not focused.
<<

Wheathn

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:49 pm

No ISB
http://privatepaste.com/f3d5ac3d60

ISB2
http://privatepaste.com/f5456a25bf

And yeah it starts immediately. If it helps I'm running F4 to broadcast, starting with broadcast off.

I do see a related issue in that movement occurs in the game any time you move the mouse over the game window, even if it is not focused.

Was going to mention this one but forgot.

Return to Alpha Discussion