FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISB2 2.0.0719.1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:08 am

Re: ISB2 2.0.0719.1

Just to ask a silly question with the arbitrary slot order.

Do the game launchers all open at the same time now? So you can get them all up and not have to log in each one sequentially.
Does slot order matter for the characters you log in now?

i.e. With ISB1 it was necessary to make sure that the correct character was in the correct slot, especially for the Slot-Order Targeting. If the game windows are loading up in an arbitrary slot order, and you are not watching carefully the first time you log in a team (of god forbid you had a game which didn't remember the account details), then you have a good chance of not having the characters in the correct slot, and thus stuffing the Slot-Order targeting.

So, I guess I am asking, is it no longer required to have the correct character in the correct slot for the Slot-Order targeting?
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:46 am

With IS Development Build 6086
Code:
[isboxer2] Inner Space settings loaded from files (InnerSpace.XML, GameConfiguration.XML, InputDevices.XML)
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings loaded from E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile loaded from E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Inner Space Uplink connection established
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Session name 'isboxer2_1' accepted
[isboxer2] Inner Space settings loaded from files (InnerSpace.XML, GameConfiguration.XML, InputDevices.XML)
* Auto-saving before Team Launch ...
* Launching Team '06 Box' ...
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings saved to E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile saved to E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
[isboxer2] Team Launch begins: 06 Box
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings saved to E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile saved to E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
Not yet implemented: Games.EQ1.CheckConfigFiles
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Successfully executed '"E:\My Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Successfully executed '"E:\My Program Files\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alysa/06 Box #5; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is1
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is1] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is1
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Arora/06 Box #1; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is2
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alyna/06 Box #3; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is3
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Ariah/06 Box #2; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is4
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alona/06 Box #4; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is5
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is2] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is2
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alaya/06 Box #6; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is6
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is3] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is3
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is4] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is4
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is5] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is5
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is6] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is6
[isboxer2] Resetting taskbar button order . . .
[isboxer2] Team Launch successful: 06 Box

This launch resulted in 5, 1, 3, 2, 4, 6 sorting to 1, 6, 2, 3, 4, 5 (Screenshot).

Code:
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings loaded from E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile loaded from E:\My Program Files\ISBoxer 2\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Inner Space Uplink connection established
[SYSTEM1-2013-10] Session name 'isboxer2_1' accepted
* Auto-saving before Team Launch ...
* Launching Team '06 Box' ...
[isboxer2] Team Launch begins: 06 Box
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Ariah/06 Box #2; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is1
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alona/06 Box #4; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is2
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is1] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is1
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is2] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is2
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Arora/06 Box #1; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is3
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alyna/06 Box #3; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is4
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alysa/06 Box #5; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is5
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is3] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is3
[isboxer2] Character Starting: Alaya/06 Box #6; Uplink SYSTEM1-2013-10 session is6
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is4] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is4
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is5] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is5
[SYSTEM1-2013-10.is6] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on SYSTEM1-2013-10.is6
[isboxer2] Resetting taskbar button order . . .
[isboxer2] Team Launch successful: 06 Box

This launch resulted in 2, 4, 1, 3, 5, 6 sorting to 1, 4, 6, 2, 3, 5 (Screenshot).

I can confirm the session sorting is taking place both in the console and visually (windows are shuffling around). They just don't get sorted correctly.

Are you running your tests with the actual EQ Client or dummy dxNs?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:31 am

Just to ask a silly question with the arbitrary slot order.

Do the game launchers all open at the same time now? So you can get them all up and not have to log in each one sequentially.
Does slot order matter for the characters you log in now?

i.e. With ISB1 it was necessary to make sure that the correct character was in the correct slot, especially for the Slot-Order Targeting. If the game windows are loading up in an arbitrary slot order, and you are not watching carefully the first time you log in a team (of god forbid you had a game which didn't remember the account details), then you have a good chance of not having the characters in the correct slot, and thus stuffing the Slot-Order targeting.

So, I guess I am asking, is it no longer required to have the correct character in the correct slot for the Slot-Order targeting?

The Slots still matter. Firescue17's problem isn't that the Slots are wrong -- they are absolutely right and were right even at the start of this thread, before I made any adjustments. When ISBoxer launches an instance it tells that instance what Slot it will be, it doesn't matter if it picks up "is1" as its name or "is4" or "totally not a standard session name". The issue firescue17 is having is strictly with the Windows Taskbar. Because the dxNothing window completes launching first (because it has nearly nothing to do, in comparison to EQ1 launching) its Taskbar button appears first, becoming the left-most window on the Taskbar. Then as each window comes up, the same thing happens in whatever order they happen to complete launching in. But Slot 3 does not necessarily complete launching 3rd so it may appear out of order on the Windows Taskbar. That is what this thread is all about.

As far as ISBoxer 2 is concerned, there are (or should be) zero side-effects to this. Targeting, broadcasting, Window Layouts, etc all work fine. All he wants is the Taskbar button ordered the way he expects it. The other problem in this thread was that the Window Titles were not implemented. Inner Space automatically uses "Is1 (Ctrl+Alt+1)" and so on to label the windows, and ISBoxer 2 was not replacing that. This caused most of the confusion about whether the Slots were in the right order or not. Now that the titles are implemented, it is much less confusing. (Because ISBoxer does not use the "is1", it may not match the Slot number, and the Hotkey is actually disabled by default unless you use the Window Switching Module).

For Game Launchers, I have a flag in ISBoxer 2's Game DB (where the list of "supported games" is defined) to indicate whether the launcher can support multiple instances. For launchers that do not support multiple instances, the launch process will feel like ISB1's, coming up one at a time.

I can confirm the session sorting is taking place both in the console and visually (windows are shuffling around). They just don't get sorted correctly.

Are you running your tests with the actual EQ Client or dummy dxNs?

Our pastes confirm what executabes were launched:
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\dxNothing.exe"'.

The sorting is daisy chained to enforce proper order -- each window tells the next one to do its thing. I may just need to make it wait some minimal amount of time before doing that.

Also, you can force a re-sort by clicking Launch again, with the team already launched.
<<

bob

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:55 am

Thanks you for the info. I didn't really want to jump in on it and have you spend time giving me a long responses (I'm quite happy with short responses) when you have better things to do. I did read the whole chain carefully and still ended up with the questions ;). Especially when Firescue17 mentioned that he had games open in the DXnothing Region.
firescue17 wrote:[EDIT:] After recreating the Character Set with the DXN per the comments below, the random slot assignments really got wonky. The Characters and DXN were randomly placed all over, including a secondary monitor where the DNX "should" go.
This sounded like the Slots were not loading to the correct Regions as per the Window layout. Maybe I got it wrong.

I see from your next post that there is a disconnect between Slot and Session now, and that makes no difference to me as long as you can set a target to a Slot and it will work much in the same way as now, and any translation needed between slot/session happens internally.
lax wrote:....so internally it might be is1 despite that it may be your 6th Slot and require the Hotkey Ctrl+Alt+6.
I understand the change, and it may require a few brain updates (not to mention several WIKI ones too) to get the correct terminology at the correct time, but ok.

It still sounds like my statement "if you don't look carefully when you log in a team" that the arbitrary ordering may end up with the wrong account on the wrong slot much more easily than now, but probably only with those launchers which allow multiple instances. The first time may be more tricky than later because at least later launches should have the account details.

Feel free to not respond to this if it does not require it.
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:51 pm

lax wrote:Also, you can force a re-sort by clicking Launch again, with the team already launched.

OK, I was able to confirm this eventually works. I ran three tests launching from scratch. The following number of re-launches were needed to sort the order:

5 subsequent relaunches (6 total)
4 subsequent relaunches (4 total)
7 subsequent relaunches (7 total)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:09 am

firescue17 wrote:
lax wrote:Also, you can force a re-sort by clicking Launch again, with the team already launched.

OK, I was able to confirm this eventually works. I ran three tests launching from scratch. The following number of re-launches were needed to sort the order:

5 subsequent relaunches (6 total)
4 subsequent relaunches (4 total)
7 subsequent relaunches (7 total)

Let me know how it goes with 730.1. It should visually appear to do more of a cascade sort of thing.

It still sounds like my statement "if you don't look carefully when you log in a team" that the arbitrary ordering may end up with the wrong account on the wrong slot much more easily than now, but probably only with those launchers which allow multiple instances. The first time may be more tricky than later because at least later launches should have the account details.

I do agree, for those launchers there might be some work to do to ensure the user is logging into the right Character. It is worth noting that I have no specific game launchers in mind that support multiple instances.

long as you can set a target to a Slot and it will work much in the same way as now

This is basically handled with ATGs now. When you use the Target Picker drop-downs you'll see on the right side it's got the inline variables used by your selection, like "Team:Others in Current" (the new "all w/o current") says other [[Team]]. The per-Slot options are not currently listed but you can put [[Team]]_Slot1 [[Team]]_Slot2. This is instead of is1, is2 and so on in ISB1.
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:47 pm

Alpha Build 2.0.0731.1

Using Alpha Build 2.0.0731.1:

1. Not sorted upon launch (closed windows, forgot to re-launch while the windows were already initialized)
2. Sorted upon first launch :D
3. Not sorted; 2 relaunches for a total of 3
4. Not sorted; 6 relaunches for a total of 7
5. Not sorted; 5 relaunches for a total of 6
6. Not sorted; 3 relaunches for a total of 4
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 4:50 pm

Re: Alpha Build 2.0.0731.1

firescue17 wrote:Using Alpha Build 2.0.0731.1:

1. Not sorted upon launch (closed windows, forgot to re-launch while the windows were already initialized)
2. Sorted upon first launch :D
3. Not sorted; 2 relaunches for a total of 3
4. Not sorted; 6 relaunches for a total of 7
5. Not sorted; 5 relaunches for a total of 6
6. Not sorted; 3 relaunches for a total of 4

Huh...

Do you watch the taskbar when it's sorting it and see them rearranging? I'll slow it down a little further and see if that helps. It definitely works 100% of the time over here..
<<

firescue17

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:53 pm

https://youtu.be/fqRN1pHxL9Q

Sure, I can see it working, it just doesn't know how to count lol
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:20 pm

I appreciate the video.

Every single one of the windows should be refreshing its taskbar tab, but I watch closely at 1:30 and only 3 of them appear to do it. 801.1 changes it a bit, we'll see if that helps.
PreviousNext

Return to Alpha Discussion