FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

ISB2 2.0.0719.1

Moderator: MiRai

<<

firescue17

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:19 am

ISB2 2.0.0719.1

I don't know what is supposed to be working, what is yet to be implemented, and what is not working ... these comments are first impressions. I read through the other threads, but I'm not quite sure of all the new lingo yet. Sorry if these are repetitive.

• The main program maximizes off the right edge of the monitor.
  • The dropdown text is sized outside of the selector on Main launch screen and Step 1: Choose a Game of the New Team Wizard. Trivial GUI issue. It doesn't prohibit use.
  • I don't know what De-Select Character does? I can't figure out how to remove a Character from the New Team Wizard when creating a brand new team?
  • The console reads "Not yet implemented: Games.EQ1.DetectCharacters (I assume known issue)
  • Show more options on Step 5: Configure Module: CPU Strategy of the New Team Wizard doesn't appear to do anything
  • Backing up from Step 6: Review your new Team to Step 5: Configure Module: CPU Strategy makes the pretty core graphics disappear until selecting a new CPU Strategy from the drop-down selector
  • Not sure the "Enabled" checkboxes do anything in the Team Editor after creation? Clicking them doesn't seem to change the state of the checkbox.
  • There doesn't appear to be a way to reorder a team once it's created?
  • I was able to get EQ to launch six instances. It was SUPER fast. So fast the windows appeared in a different order most times. I was unable to find the option to set the delay between launches.
  • I crashed it a number of times, this most recent crash appears to be permanent (haven't had time to reboot, uninstall, troubleshoot, gotta go to work). Is there some sort of dump we should be sending?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:50 am

Re: ISB2 2.0.0719.1

I don't know what is supposed to be working, what is yet to be implemented, and what is not working

To be expected at this phase, no worries. Report all the things!

Whatever I don't respond specifically to from your post is a known issue/will be worked on, and appears to be no further immediate comment needed. (This goes for pretty much every feedback post.)

I don't know what De-Select Character does? I can't figure out how to remove a Character from the New Team Wizard when creating a brand new team?

To remove a Character you've added, right click in the grid at the bottom and select Delete. I do realize that's not obvious, we'll work on that much.
De-Select Character as the tooltip tries to explain (noting that until the button is enabled for you, you can't read the tooltip...) is because as you're adding Characters you can select one from the bottom list, and modify its details without having to re-add anything. You can also select one from the detected/existing characters list that will appear at the top if there are any that fit that description. So it lets you de-select whichever might be selected, in order to add a brand new Character. "Add to Team" does this automatically, so if you're manually entering your first EQ1 characters, then the answer to what it does is more or less "nothing [yet]".

Show more options on Step 5: Configure Module: CPU Strategy of the New Team Wizard doesn't appear to do anything

Not all modules have additional/hidden options; at the moment the check box will appear regardless.

There doesn't appear to be a way to reorder a team once it's created?

This will be done on the Characters tab of the Team Editor. This tab is not yet fully implemented (right now you get a list of Characters and access to the Properties)

I was able to get EQ to launch six instances. It was SUPER fast. So fast the windows appeared in a different order most times. I was unable to find the option to set the delay between launches.

ISBoxer 2 will not generally require a delay between launches. ISBoxer 2 does not use the is1, is2, is3 etc names directly like ISBoxer 1 does, so as far as ISBoxer 2 is concerned each window should correctly go into position, but Slot 1 could potentially come up late and become is2. Were you experiencing related problems, or just observing that sometimes window 3 came up before window 2 (or whatever)?

I crashed it a number of times, this most recent crash appears to be permanent (haven't had time to reboot, uninstall, troubleshoot, gotta go to work). Is there some sort of dump we should be sending?

No dumps at the moment, ISBoxer 2 has a built in exception handler that is supposed to catch this sort of thing. If you want to zip up your busted ISBoxer 2 folder and send it to me I could possibly reproduce the issue and look into it

Not sure the "Enabled" checkboxes do anything in the Team Editor after creation? Clicking them doesn't seem to change the state of the checkbox.

I assume we're talking about the Modules tab. They control whether the module is enabled for the Team (you can also control per-Character using the "Modules for ..." drop-down), and clicking the check box or the word "Enabled" changes the state of the checkbox. Clicking the module block itself there selects it for editing to the right.

The dropdown text is sized outside of the selector on Main launch screen and Step 1: Choose a Game of the New Team Wizard. Trivial GUI issue. It doesn't prohibit use.

Sized outside in which direction(s)? We're talking about the part that shows when it's not dropped down, or when it is dropped down? It looks normal to me, but it will also depend on your Windows theme -- maybe take a screenshot for me on this one

Much appreciated
<<

firescue17

Post Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm

lax wrote:
I crashed it a number of times, this most recent crash appears to be permanent (haven't had time to reboot, uninstall, troubleshoot, gotta go to work). Is there some sort of dump we should be sending?

No dumps at the moment, ISBoxer 2 has a built in exception handler that is supposed to catch this sort of thing. If you want to zip up your busted ISBoxer 2 folder and send it to me I could possibly reproduce the issue and look into it

OK, the Team Launcher still won't launch after rebooting the computer. Zipped file is here since the attachment email was rejected.

lax wrote:
The dropdown text is sized outside of the selector on Main launch screen and Step 1: Choose a Game of the New Team Wizard. Trivial GUI issue. It doesn't prohibit use.

Sized outside in which direction(s)? We're talking about the part that shows when it's not dropped down, or when it is dropped down? It looks normal to me, but it will also depend on your Windows theme -- maybe take a screenshot for me on this one

Confirmed to be a Windows Theme issue; however I forgot to save my settings before switching back to default :) I will attempt to recreate and s.s. it for ya.
<<

firescue17

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:16 am

I did end up needing a fresh install to fix the permanent crash of the Team Launcher.

lax wrote:
I was able to get EQ to launch six instances. It was SUPER fast. So fast the windows appeared in a different order most times. I was unable to find the option to set the delay between launches.

ISBoxer 2 will not generally require a delay between launches. ISBoxer 2 does not use the is1, is2, is3 etc names directly like ISBoxer 1 does, so as far as ISBoxer 2 is concerned each window should correctly go into position, but Slot 1 could potentially come up late and become is2. Were you experiencing related problems, or just observing that sometimes window 3 came up before window 2 (or whatever)?

Here is the window ordering of 5 successive launches:
3 2 6 4 5 1
3 4 2 1 5 6
3 4 1 5 2 6
2 3 4 5 1 6
3 4 5 6 1 2

As you can see the launch order appears to be completely arbitrary.
[EDIT:] After recreating the Character Set with the DXN per the comments below, the random slot assignments really got wonky. The Characters and DXN were randomly placed all over, including a secondary monitor where the DNX "should" go.

NEW ISSUES
  • The above window ordering was determined by the CTRL-ALT-# listed in the Microsoft Windows Titlebar. There isn't yet (or I can't find) a way to unbind the global window hotkeys. Also, the window titles don't appear to respect the display name as set in the Characters Tab.
  • The Character Set has 6 game window slots. After running the team creation wizard, I wanted to manually add a 7th slot for the DXNothing. Clicking the "Add" button on the Characters Tab in edit mode did not have any effect.
  • There is a launch profile, but no game profile for the DXNothing (I left it at EverQuest).
  • I expected to be able to tab fields on the CPU Strategy screen from Row 1 Max Foreground -> Maximum Background -> Row 2 Max Foreground ... etc on down through the per slot settings. Pressing Tab didn't move the focus.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:49 pm

The launch order is arbitrary and will continue to be arbitrary, this is a feature not a bug. DxNothing will come up significantly faster than any actual game window, so internally it might be is1 despite that it may be your 6th Slot and require the Hotkey Ctrl+Alt+6.

This is the important part of my question
Were you experiencing related problems, or just observing that sometimes window 3 came up before window 2 (or whatever)?

Here's the important part of your response
1. The above window ordering was determined by the CTRL-ALT-# listed in the Microsoft Windows Titlebar.
2. There isn't yet (or I can't find) a way to unbind the global window hotkeys.

In the profile you uploaded, the Window Switching Module was disabled. Currently if you have disabled the Window Switching Module, Inner Space's default Hotkeys are left in tact, and WILL NOT MATCH the ISBoxer 2 settings (specifically because the launch completion order is now arbitrary, by design). So this seems to me to be why pressing Ctrl+Alt+1 would bring up the window labelled is1 instead of Slot 1 for you, and why you haven't figured out how to unbind them. Having the Module enabled will unbind them.

on the Characters Tab

This tab is not yet implemented (currently a placeholder), it's just showing you Character properties and maybe some of them are currently configurable

3. Also, the window titles don't appear to respect the display name as set in the Characters Tab.

ISBoxer 2 is not setting the window title at all at the moment, it should be purely Inner Space's default titles and therefore may not have the correct Hotkey listed if you enable the Window Switching Module

There is a launch profile, but no game profile for the DXNothing (I left it at EverQuest).

Launch profiles are the Game and Game Profile from your Inner Space configuration. There's no Game in ISB2's database for DxNothing and I'm not sure yet that it'll get added. Video FX are not yet implemented either anyway. I have more helpful things coming for DxNothing and VFX though ;)
<<

firescue17

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 9:46 am

Can you explain your vision for the arbitrary launch order as a feature?

For a myriad of reasons, I do not use global hotkeys to select windows: all available keybinds are used for hotbars for one thing; my left should is screwed up for another which precludes binding almost anything to left-hand modifiers ... The reasons don't really matter, that's how I do it. For trash combat, I don't switch focus off the Leader at all. For scripted events I rely on point and click to select Characters in the taskbar, manually switching to the window to click a totem, cure curses, type in responses to emotes, etc. These are for triggered events which require human intervention to react and are quite possibly specific to EQ's mechanics. For "get out of the fire" broadcast works fine. For "make the wizard sing and dance" I need to focus the correct character immediately from the taskbar with the mouse.

In response to your question about "are you noticing other problems besides the window ordering," No. I guess not. The sessions log in fine. The fact that the windows are out of order *IS* the problem, at least for me and will be for other die-hard point and clickers. The launch speed is impressive, but I would trade any number of seconds between launches to get them in the proper order.

I guess if you could comment on this, or if there are other features down the road which would compensate for this. I dunno ...

P.S. One can't re-order EQ clients in the taskbar even if the "Never Combine" grouping option is checked. This stems from a change to the EQ client a few years ago and happens both inside and outside ISB. Anyway, it's not a work-around.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:01 pm

Can you explain your vision for the arbitrary launch order as a feature?

The idea is that there should be no difference to the end user which one launched first, it should end up appearing exactly the same either way. The fact that there is a difference to you is what I want to address, not the fact that they happen to finish launching out of order. I don't currently see anything in the way of making this happen. I will do what I can to facilitate your desired use while keeping this feature.

I rely on point and click to select Characters in the taskbar

In ISB1 you can eliminate this use for the taskbar via a clickable button (e.g. on Click Bar or Menu) with Window Focus Action. ISB2 of course supports the same kind of thing, but the GUI for you to create the Widget is not completed.

P.S. One can't re-order EQ clients in the taskbar even if the "Never Combine" grouping option is checked. This stems from a change to the EQ client a few years ago and happens both inside and outside ISB. Anyway, it's not a work-around.

That was my initial thought, thanks for pointing that out. I wonder if there is something I can do about that or if I can force them to re-order.

I'll also note that, if you REALLY wanted to, you can enforce the order by using the launcher; ISBoxer 2 treats launchers differently than the game client. I'm not suggesting this would be your preferred solution. ;)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:34 pm

I have successfully tested a proof of concept for re-ordering taskbar buttons, and will confirm that the order can be corrected by ISBoxer 2. I'll work on a new alpha build with this settled. :)
<<

firescue17

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:26 pm

Continuing with this thread since it addresses the same issues ...

Confirming the taskbar titles work. TYVM!

I am not having luck with the new window Slot sorting. Some things I've tried:
  • Launching with the Window Switching Module disabled
  • Launching with the Window Switching Module enable with default global hotkeys
  • Launching with the Window Switching Module enabled with the global hotkeys blanked out
  • Occasionally I can get the first 1 - 3 Slots in the proper order. At this point, I would close down the trailing sessions and relaunch. The relaunched sessions would still not order by their proper Slot.
I have tested 20 - 25 launches and 2 or 3 profile rebuilds since the new release of version 0725.1, approximately 1 or maybe 2 at the most launched in the proper order from start to finish.

Thank you.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:47 pm

No modules are needed for the Slot ordering; you can disable the Window Switching Module and the global hotkeys are removed for you.

On the other hand, the latest development build of Inner Space (6086) is necessary since this relies on a new feature built into Inner Space. Right click IS, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space for it to patch up.

They will still initially launch "out of order", however once the team is "Ready" (each of the client windows ready) ISBoxer will tell each of the windows to refresh their taskbar buttons, in the proper order. When this occurs there is some output in the ISBoxer 2 main window console as highlighted below:

[isboxer2] Inner Space settings loaded from files (InnerSpace.XML, GameConfiguration.XML, InputDevices.XML)
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings loaded from D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile loaded from D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Inner Space Uplink connection established
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Session name 'isboxer2_1' accepted
[isboxer2] Inner Space settings loaded from files (InnerSpace.XML, GameConfiguration.XML, InputDevices.XML)
* Auto-saving before Team Launch ...
* Launching Team 'EQ1 test with dxNothing' ...
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings saved to D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile saved to D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
[isboxer2] Team Launch begins: EQ1 test with dxNothing
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Settings saved to D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\ISBoxer2.Preferences.XML
[isboxer2] ISBoxer 2 Profile saved to D:\Lavish\ISBoxer2\ISBoxer2\bin\Release\Profiles\ISBoxer2.DefaultProfile.XML
Not yet implemented: Games.EQ1.CheckConfigFiles
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Users\Public\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme'.
[JOE-BATTLETOP] Successfully executed '"C:\Program Files (x86)\InnerSpace\dxNothing.exe"'.
[JOE-BATTLETOP.dxNothing3380] COMMAND: ISB2_WindowLayoutModule:GotFocus["535d517a_1482_4b93_bf96_c90078809832","dxNothing3380","1098c"]
[isboxer2] Character Starting: dxNothing/EQ1 test with dxNothing #3; Uplink JOE-BATTLETOP session is1
[JOE-BATTLETOP.is1] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on JOE-BATTLETOP.is1
[JOE-BATTLETOP.is1] COMMAND: ISB2_WindowLayoutModule:LostFocus["535d517a_1482_4b93_bf96_c90078809832","is1"]
[JOE-BATTLETOP.EverQuest7980] COMMAND: ISB2_WindowLayoutModule:LostFocus["535d517a_1482_4b93_bf96_c90078809832","EverQuest7980"]
[isboxer2] Character Starting: eq1 two/EQ1 test with dxNothing #2; Uplink JOE-BATTLETOP session is2
[isboxer2] Character Starting: eq1 one/EQ1 test with dxNothing #1; Uplink JOE-BATTLETOP session is3
[JOE-BATTLETOP.is2] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on JOE-BATTLETOP.is2
[JOE-BATTLETOP.is3] [Info] Startup
[isboxer2] Character Ready on JOE-BATTLETOP.is3
[isboxer2] Resetting taskbar button order . . .
[isboxer2] Team Launch successful: EQ1 test with dxNothing

The 3 game windows finish launching out of order as expected -- the Character Starting lines indicate that dxNothing in Slot 3 comes up first as is1, eq1 one in Slot 2 is is3, and eq1 one in Slot 1 is is3. However, the order of the taskbar buttons is fixed at the "Resetting taskbar button order" step, with IS build 6086 or later.
Next

Return to Alpha Discussion