FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Wont Launch Any Clients

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Arcspark

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:39 am

Wont Launch Any Clients

Hello all, i've used ISBOXER in the past for wow and trove, and have just recently purchased it again as im back into trove. but for the life of me i can't seem to figure out why it's not launching.

I've directed it to the correct gamefile path (through innerspace) as well as tried the normal wizard set up.

When i go to launch my character set from innerspace or isboxer it acts as if it's about to launch but nothing happens, no errors or anything just nothing happens. the game does work without isboxer, the application for the glyph launcher that i directed isboxer does work as i've tested normally. it would be a lot easier if it gave me an error but it doesn't so i'm not sure what else to do
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:33 am

Re: Wont Launch Any Clients

If anything specific is going wrong, then it will normally be in the Inner Space console (right click the Inner Space icon in the notification area/system tray and select Console).

If nothing is obvious there, then the next thing would be to ensure you are upto date on Windows update. Glyph is notorious for requiring you be up to date when using Inner Space (no idea why this is as Glyph is the only thing that tends to have issues in this way so it is not specifically Inner Space here, but seemingly a combo).

Also ensure you are running the latest build of Inner Space (6158 at the current date), which you should also be able to see in the Console.

Failing all that, we would probably need to see a compatibility diagnostic to start with.
<<

Arcspark

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:17 am

Okay so i've managed to fix the issue of it not launching at all, (updated windows + uninstalled AVG) not sure which of those fixed the problem. but now i'm having the issue of it launches the glpyh client and once i click play it instantly crashes trove with an error report ( it does not do this without ISBOXER) so i'm not too sure what's the problem now :/
<<

Arcspark

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:25 am

Here is a compatability diagnostics report (forgot to add in previous post)
http://pastebin.com/aPmW7Ttv
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:52 am

Code:
Application Compatibility flags under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers:
0 D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Trove\Games\Trove\Live\Trove.exe: DWM8And16BitMitigation

Press Windows+R, type in the box "regedit" with no quotes and press enter or click OK. Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers and remove the entry for Trove.exe.

You've also got Razer Synapse which is fine but you may need to make sure the in-game feature set is disabled. (You can just shut it down entirely to rule it out completely just in case.)

Between those two things I think you should be up and running
<<

Arcspark

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 am

That seems to have worked (i launched the first character slot) but then i launched second slot and got the instant crash again so i closed first character and tried to reopen which then proceeded to put me back to step 1 of instant crashing when launching it at all with isboxer, i did another compatability report and it seems the regedit that i just deleted has come back

http://pastebin.com/Mb1CF6TV

I'm not sure why it would work the first time after deleting registry. (i also closed razersynapse and nvidia geforce experience incase they were interfering)
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Thu Jan 26, 2017 10:40 am

so i closed first character and tried to reopen

That was a mistake, don't close the first game window. ISBoxer will recognize it and continue with launching the second one.

it seems the regedit that i just deleted has come back

Generally Windows pops up a box and asks if the program worked correctly -- if you answer no, Windows may automatically apply some compatibility settings. It may also be possible to not get a message.

Are you launching via Steam or via Glyph? All we can tell for sure is that your game install is within your Steam library. It may work better via Glyph

Return to Trove