FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trove now crashes after loading screen

Moderator: MiRai

<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:38 pm

Re: Trove now crashes after loading screen

Inner Space build 6144, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct the issue with Trove.

To try it out, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Please let me know!
<<

Smedbox

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 5:24 pm

lax wrote:Inner Space build 6144, now the development build of Inner Space, should correct the issue with Trove.

To try it out, right click Inner Space, select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" and then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up. Please let me know!

Yes indeed, it works great now!! Thanks a bunch, you're awesome!! :)

So what was the problem? I was guessing it had something to do with something Trove changed on their end that affected the IS D3D hooking?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:14 pm

Smedbox wrote:Yes indeed, it works great now!! Thanks a bunch, you're awesome!! :)

So what was the problem? I was guessing it had something to do with something Trove changed on their end that affected the IS D3D hooking?

Thanks for confirming the fix, appreciate that.

And yeah that's basically it. Parts of D3D11 changed in recent months, and Trove also changed a piece of their code that happened to break Inner Space.
<<

Smedbox

Post Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:07 pm

It's interesting... Who would've thought that Trove would be something that used the latest D3D11 features..?
<<

Smedbox

Post Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:42 am

Hmm, actually... I've been testing some more, and I'm experience some pretty bad hitches every now and then - hitches about 1-10 seconds each. It seems to be every time something new is rendered, as if it's a really bad shader compiling hitch (or internal state creation). I don't think I've seen that without running with IS...
Previous

Return to Trove