Not launching 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th client

Moderator: MiRai

<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Aug 29, 2015 2:56 am

Re: Not launching 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th client

bob wrote:You could off course set
lax wrote:Glyph to exit after launching a game (this is in the Glyph settings under Advanced, "AFTER GAME LAUNCH" set to "Exit Glyph")
as then you wouldn't have to try and kill it via task manager. Or is this what your post is about??? i.e. you've set this setting and it doesn't work?

Oh, and yes, the diagnostic may be fruitful
<<

Esrin

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:08 am

I am having this same issue, I have a group with 8 characters, I don't recall if there is a maximum.

I've set the glyph to "exit" under Advanced, in each login. I tried changing the launch time to 10 seconds.

http://pastebin.com/c0S3B6b4 < is my diagnostic.
<<

bob

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:18 am

In my testing, on my computer, GlyphClient (and the crash handler) take about 12 seconds to exit completely when using the options in the GlyphClient. Depending on your computer it may be faster/slower, but you should check your own timing. I just used task manager to monitor the time difference between me launching GlyphClient, then hitting the X to close, and timing from there. Once I got that, put it in ISBoxer, and it worked ok. It might need longer if loading up 8 clients though.

Also, Avast might give you the odd issue. Id' be inclined not to use it. At the very least, set exclusions from any RealTime Scanning/Protection for both InnerSpace.exe and any games like Trove.exe, GlyphClient.exe etc. Note: this wont prevent the AV from doing a complete scan over these files when scheduled, just remove from any realtime scanning (sometimes called Live protection depending on the software).
<<

Esrin

Post Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:26 am

ok, from the time I hit "X" to close a non Innerspace launched glyph, it takes approx 6 seconds. Glyph,trove etc are already in my RTS exclusions list.
<<

Twisted_Code

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:21 pm

Same problem here

I'm having a problem like this as well. From what I can tell from watching the processes and their IDs with task manager, Inner Space is trying to launch Glyph again as soon as the trove window shows up, rather than waiting until the launcher process actually exits like I would've done. From what I've seen, launchers don't like more than one instance from the same exact file, and in Glyph's case, it deals with this by closing new instances and bringing the previous instance back into focus.
I'll try figuring out the delay, but waiting for an old instance of a process to terminate before trying to relaunch it is kind of a no-brainer and standard practice, so I'll probably be coming back regardless of if the delay works to hopefully deal with the root of the problem.
<<

bob

Post Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:30 pm

Well, actually the problem is less the Glyph exiting (which would require a polling setup), but rather the 2 other sub processes that the Glyph Launcher starts. Despite your assertion of a no-brainer and standard practice, some things can be harder than you expect (even if you do have experience at coding).

From what I recall of the issue, Trove packs a bit of a sad if you set Glyph to exit on launch of the game, so you need to terminate it manually, and you will either need to relaunch your character set (i.e. reselect it from the Inner Space -> ISBoxer Character Sets sub menu) to launch the next character, or you need to set a long enough delay on your character set to give you time to terminate the glyph launcher process and the other sub processes (and time for them to shut down fully). I used 12 seconds in my testing for my PC, but each computer may be different depending on specs and what else you have running.
Previous

Return to Trove