FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Trove lag between client windows

Moderator: MiRai

<<

ussmbox

Post Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:21 am

Trove lag between client windows

Hello.
I was wondering if you could help me out with Trove. Sometimes, not always, but more than not. There is some sort of latency between the windows in Trove. When I run 5 clients, I have good FPS and I run on 100mbit fiber. However from time to time it becomes like a 2-8 second delay. Not only with switching windows, but also opening and closing ingame windows such as inventory and such.

Trove has quite a lot of lag at times, but there are none of these problems when I run one client and I doubt me running 5 would cause the issue. That's why I am asking for some insight to the problem.

Thanks!

Edit: Also the sound goes all whacky, turn them off for the other clients but the main one tend to stutter.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Mon Jul 20, 2015 10:45 am

Re: Trove lag between client windows

ussmbox wrote:Trove has quite a lot of lag at times, but there are none of these problems when I run one client and I doubt me running 5 would cause the issue.

I can run 1 client of Crysis, but running 5 makes everything lag,.....
Seriously. Running 5 clients puts a bit more load on your computer than 1, so this might be the issue, but it usually can be alleviated, depending on the cause, unless your PC is way underpowered. Generally we recommend you start with some monitoring to see if you can spot an obvious problem. This wiki page, How to Tweak Your Framerate, takes you through several things that should help identify any issues.

Other potential causes are:
  • You are running different FPS between foreground and background. You might need to have these even. You can set this in the CPU Strategy Wizard (yes, it does FPS too).
  • You are using a Round Robin CPU strategy. For most games you are better off using all cores for all instances. In the CPU Strategy Wizard this is the last option in the drop down, and will say something like "Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 30/30) (slots per core 2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2) (cores per slot 8/8)", depending on your CPU core type/count.

ussmbox wrote:Edit: Also the sound goes all whacky, turn them off for the other clients but the main one tend to stutter.
This makes it sound like a CPU issue.
<<

ussmbox

Post Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:44 pm

Re: Trove lag between client windows

bob wrote:
ussmbox wrote:Trove has quite a lot of lag at times, but there are none of these problems when I run one client and I doubt me running 5 would cause the issue.

I can run 1 client of Crysis, but running 5 makes everything lag,.....
Seriously. Running 5 clients puts a bit more load on your computer than 1, so this might be the issue, but it usually can be alleviated, depending on the cause, unless your PC is way underpowered. Generally we recommend you start with some monitoring to see if you can spot an obvious problem. This wiki page, How to Tweak Your Framerate, takes you through several things that should help identify any issues.

Other potential causes are:
  • You are running different FPS between foreground and background. You might need to have these even. You can set this in the CPU Strategy Wizard (yes, it does FPS too).
  • You are using a Round Robin CPU strategy. For most games you are better off using all cores for all instances. In the CPU Strategy Wizard this is the last option in the drop down, and will say something like "Select all CPUs with every window (HyperThreading) (FPS 30/30) (slots per core 2/2/2/2/2/2/2/2) (cores per slot 8/8)", depending on your CPU core type/count.

ussmbox wrote:Edit: Also the sound goes all whacky, turn them off for the other clients but the main one tend to stutter.
This makes it sound like a CPU issue.

Thanks for the info, am trying the other CPU strategy, also increased FPS a bit. However I've never seen a problem like this. And I multiboxed SWTOR on this computer without any issues. I do have a bit poor framerate in most games, but background always go 30-40 and foreground always do 50-60.

Return to Trove