FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

help with Trove

Moderator: MiRai

<<

wh7

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Re: help with Trove

Skarling wrote:Camera on your slave window is not buggy, it accepts the RMB as is and using LMB is prompting your slave character to move stright ahead from its (the slave's) position. Your main and slave do not always face in the exact same direction, thus the misalignment.

There, I hope I redeemed myself :P

I think u didn'T understand the problem right (did u watch the video?) I know that the camera won't always be perfectly same position, but in my case it's not even movable
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:35 pm

You want to permanently remove the Standard Menu from your Character Set in your ISBoxer settings. This is the "green squares" and was assigned via the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard. On your next time through the wizard, just un-check the box on the Hotkeys page that says standard broadcasting of 1 through =. To remove it from your existing Character Set, select it in the top left pane under Character Sets; then with that selected, look in the bottom left pane under Menus and where it says Standard, right click that and select Delete, then do an Export to Inner Space.

Regarding the window size, Trove is an OpenGL game and will therefore not fully operate exactly the same way as Direct3D games do as far as your Window Layout; ISBoxer doesn't produce the same quality of GUI overlay, either. Standard Window Layouts with small windows and instant swapping will not work right because OpenGL does not scale the display to the size of the window like Direct3D does. This is probably why you matched the size of the game windows, which is the right call here. You CAN use DxNothing with Video FX to simulate a fully functional Window Layout though. MiRai is currently working on a video demonstrating the process for that.

Finally, the camera. I see that the mouselook movement in your video is choppy. From what it looks like in the video, I'd say the game is using a fairly typical method of allowing you to move the mouse, and then re-centering it to prevent it from leaving the game window while the cursor is hidden. That should actually be fine, so I'll have to do some digging to find out why it is not operating as desired with Trove (i.e. pushing it back resulting in the choppy movement). It will take some time, I don't have an ETA -- it could take days or more, but it's also possible that it's easy to track down and solve. I'll keep you updated.
<<

wh7

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:03 pm

lax wrote:You want to permanently remove the Standard Menu from your Character Set in your ISBoxer settings. This is the "green squares" and was assigned via the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard. On your next time through the wizard, just un-check the box on the Hotkeys page that says standard broadcasting of 1 through =. To remove it from your existing Character Set, select it in the top left pane under Character Sets; then with that selected, look in the bottom left pane under Menus and where it says Standard, right click that and select Delete, then do an Export to Inner Space.

Regarding the window size, Trove is an OpenGL game and will therefore not fully operate exactly the same way as Direct3D games do as far as your Window Layout; ISBoxer doesn't produce the same quality of GUI overlay, either. Standard Window Layouts with small windows and instant swapping will not work right because OpenGL does not scale the display to the size of the window like Direct3D does. This is probably why you matched the size of the game windows, which is the right call here. You CAN use DxNothing with Video FX to simulate a fully functional Window Layout though. MiRai is currently working on a video demonstrating the process for that.

Finally, the camera. I see that the mouselook movement in your video is choppy. From what it looks like in the video, I'd say the game is using a fairly typical method of allowing you to move the mouse, and then re-centering it to prevent it from leaving the game window while the cursor is hidden. That should actually be fine, so I'll have to do some digging to find out why it is not operating as desired with Trove (i.e. pushing it back resulting in the choppy movement). It will take some time, I don't have an ETA -- it could take days or more, but it's also possible that it's easy to track down and solve. I'll keep you updated.

It seems like its not visible in the video, the camera does not move choppy, it's just moving back to its original position. but your explanation still fits. It's problably the cursor re-centering that makes the camera act like this. Thats for your time and help, just 1 more question, can I stop the trial version of ISBoxer now and resume it when you found a solution?
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:06 pm

just 1 more question, can I stop the trial version of ISBoxer now and resume it when you found a solution?

I can refresh your 7 days when it is solved, yes.
<<

wh7

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:32 pm

lax wrote:
just 1 more question, can I stop the trial version of ISBoxer now and resume it when you found a solution?

I can refresh your 7 days when it is solved, yes.

awesome, thanks!!
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:49 pm

I think I have found and corrected the problem.

Inner Space build 6035, now the development build of Inner Space, should take care of it. To try it out, right click IS and select Patcher, tick "Download development (test) patches" then close and restart Inner Space to let it patch up.

Let me know :)
<<

Skarling

Post Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:54 pm

Jeez, if we are so fast fixing Trove on such a short notice, maybe I ought to be more persistent re Allods, methinks
<<

wh7

Post Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:11 am

wow. ISBoxer has the best support i have ever seen. It's actually working! Thanks! But since I patched the slave is very laggy which causes the camera positions to go apart very fast, cant rly play like that :( seems like i have to control the camera trough cheat engine, but this way the camera will at least always be perfectly same position :| Thanks again for the help :)

btw how to correctly close a multiboxing session?
<<

twinlights7

Post Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

I'm wondering what settings you used to get Trove to run. I added the Glyph launcher to InnerSpace, however when I try to launch Trove from a Glyph instance started by InnerSpace it throws an error. It works fine when I launch Glyph without InnerSpace and then launch Trove. I noticed that the last post in this thread was from before the Open Beta started. Can anyone confirm that their Glyph + Trove still launches when run through InnerSpace?
<<

voodoo20

Post Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:21 am

i am also having this problem, although even with the updated version it is still buggy any suggestions?
PreviousNext

Return to Trove