FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Banned from Twitch

Moderator: MiRai

<<

frankbrown5276

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:44 pm

Banned from Twitch

Hi all,
Tonight I decided I would try streaming my multiboxing to Twitch.
Got everything setup using OBS remote as recommended in the wiki. Posted a link on the ISBoxer Streams page, Started streaming.
Then boom my router crapped out, it does it frequently.

So I restarted my router, and went to check on my twitch stream as I have it set to save the streams, and boom I've been banned from Twitch.

Not sure why, havent received any email explaining why, I've streamed before using Shadowplay and it worked ok, just wanted to try out an integrated setup with ISBoxer and after the first try I got banned.

Has anyone else had any problems like this?
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:38 pm

Re: Banned from Twitch

I've not heard of any multiboxer being banned from Twitch for merely multiboxing, and there are several people who multibox and stream on almost a daily basis. However, I have heard of WoW players being banned who were playing on a private server. Were you multiboxing on a private server?

Also, judging by your username I assume you are wowfrank on Twitch? If so, it doesn't look like your account has been banned from here.
<<

frankbrown5276

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:40 am

Hi Mirai.
I not saying I got banned for multiboxing, I know there are plenty of people who stream multiboxing, for instance i have watched you and svpernova doing your stuff of there.

Yes I am wofrank on twitch, but not I cant even access the site, its tells me every time I try to access the site that i have been block from using twitch.

I'm not playing on a private server, I never have and never will do that. I believe in following the rules.

The only thing I can think off, is while testing for the best server I turned my Max bitrate upto 3500 as suggested, but then forgot to turn it back down coz on twitch it recommends as setting of max bitrate 3300, dont know if it could be that.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:02 am

Maybe after you reset your router you got an IP which has previously been banned. IP bans are annoying for hitting the wrong person because ISP's tend to dynamically allocate them, and each time you restart your router you might get a different one.
<<

frankbrown5276

Post Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:01 am

Thanks bob
I didn't even think of that, so I restarted my router again, and now I have my Twitch back.

Return to Twitch/Hitbox Streaming