FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

OBS Remote crashes game window

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:55 pm

OBS Remote crashes game window

I have been using the Isboxer OBS Remote since Feb, with no issues. About a week ago or so it stopped working correctly and started crashing the game window that the remote was running in.

I am able to connect to OBS and log in to the remote just fine. When I click the start stream button the stream starts in OBS but the start button remains saying start instead of changing to stop, and then disconnects from OBS. When I click connect again, the game window/Star Trek Online crashes to desktop.

Please Help.

Also I am wondering if a hotkey function could be added to the remote with isboxer, for instance I would like to make a hotkey in isboxer that tells the remote to switch scenes in OBS?

Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:28 am

Re: OBS Remote crashes game window

I'll look into this issue shortly. Nothing has changed on our end, did this happen after an update to OBS or OBSRemote? Something else installed on your PC maybe? A "Diagnostics for game crashes" could potentially turn something up -- http://isboxer.com/wiki/Diagnostics
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:28 pm

There was an update to OBS recently. What do you suggest I do? Should I reinstall OBS and the remote maybe?

Thanks,

Ridosaw
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 am

I reinstalled OBS and the OBS Remote, still no luck. The Isboxer OBS Remote stops functioning when pressing the "start" button to stream. OBS will start streaming though. Then the Isboxer OBS Remote disconnects and when I try to reconnect it crashes the game window.

I have tried the ISboxer Remote with other ISboxer profiles and other games. Same problem.

Ridosaw
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Fri May 01, 2015 5:41 pm

Here is the diagnostics for game crashes:

http://www.privatepaste.com/6ac8f40966

Thanks,

Ridosaw
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sat May 16, 2015 11:50 am

Any Information on this issue yet?

Also I noticed my stream is no longer listed on the isboxer's stream website. Does this function of listing my stream there only work when the ISBoxer Remote is working?

Help would be very much appreciated.

Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sat May 16, 2015 2:14 pm

Does this function of listing my stream there only work when the ISBoxer Remote is working?

Yes

Sorry about that, this issue had poor timing and apparently slipped through the cracks.

I am unable to reproduce the issue you're describing. I tested it just now with fresh downloads of OBS and OBSRemote, with STO, and streamed for a minute or two. Toggled it on and off, tested with preview and not, etc.

So for the moment I must assume it's either something configuration related, or other running software somehow interfering -- either way, something different between yours and mine that makes it crash for you but not for me. You may need to try uninstalling AVG temporarily, for example, and reinstall it after ruling it out. Also I don't know what other OBS plugins you might have installed but those could potentially be related as well, for example..
Code:
12. CLRBrowserSourceClient.exe - Process ID: 328 (C:\Program Files\OBS\plugins\CLRHostPlugin\CLRBrowserSourcePlugin\CLRBrowserSourceClient.exe) [Admin:YES] [x64] [1.0.0.0] [CLRBrowserSourceClient]
<<

Ridosaw

ISBoxer Support Team

Post Sun May 17, 2015 1:14 am

So I spent all day troubleshooting this problem that I am having with the OBS Remote not working.

Uninstalling AVG did not make any difference.

So I started looking more in to OBS as being the problem. Most importantly the Plugins as was suggested by lax.

I removed the Isboxer OBS Remote and uninstalled OBS. I then reinstalled OBS and the OBS Remote. This made no difference. It turns out that something was corrupt in OBS and I was able to finally resolve the problem I was having with the OBS Remote not working.

When you uninstall OBS, it does not remove the configuration settings that you make in OBS. At least it did not for me. Those settings are located in your Windows User Profile in the appdata/roaming folder. In the roaming folder there is a OBS folder with all those settings as well as ini's and some dll's. I deleted this OBS folder and then reinstalled OBS and now the Isboxer OBS Remote is working YAY! :P

Thanks for all your help Lax,

Ridosaw
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun May 17, 2015 7:29 am

Great! Sorry again that it took so long, but glad that you got it working again! :)

Return to Twitch/Hitbox Streaming