FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV Setting up DPS rotations

Moderator: MiRai

<<

sandmanftw

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:02 pm

FFXIV Setting up DPS rotations

Trying to figure out which is the best style of key stroke actions to setup for FFXIV. I tried the multiple steps and do mapped key but my rotation wont go off accordingly.

I have 3 abilities that I'm testing so far and they are all part of a chain dps rotation. The annoying part of FFXIV is that almost all abilities have a 60 second GCD which I think makes it hard to create a DPS rotation. I'm following Mirai's pro system setup https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hRn5mR5XhE and I tried both the multi-step action and do mapped key actions.
The Multistep action gets it close to what I'm trying to achieve but the dps rotation still goes off incorrectly 80% of the time spamming one or 2 of the same abilities. I tried this with Hold Any keystroke ON and tried it with all different Execute step action options too. Does anyone have a particular setup for this game?

https://pastebin.com/xe7F6QXM
<<

sandmanftw

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:44 pm

Re: FFXIV Setting up DPS rotations

Looks like I will have to look at macro dps as an alternative
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm

So, part of the problem is always going to be, ISBoxer has no idea of the state of the game. That said, if you want to configure rotations in the game, and have ISBoxer deal with cooldowns, and not just rely on steps in a mapped key, then you need to use timers and Mapped Key Step State Actions.

An example of which is in this post (which despite being EQ1, the concept is the same).

Macros may be easier if you can handle the nuances of the cooldowns in there.
<<

sandmanftw

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:24 pm

Hmmm maybe Mirai can make a video on how to set this up specifically in FF14? :?: :roll: :roll: :D :D :D :mrgreen:
<<

sandmanftw

Post Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:11 pm

I experimented with timers on each multi step and actually got a rotation firing off pretty decent but after a few rounds it loses its timing for each ability. I think what you mention altbob, the mapped key step state is more precise. Precise timing for abilities in this game is a huge factor. I want try it out but that thread with examples looks super complicated and overwhelming. Is that the only example? Sorry I'm just really confused with it :o
<<

sandmanftw

Post Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:32 am

Return to Final Fantasy XIV