FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Just started dual boxing today...

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Enan1981

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:47 pm

Just started dual boxing today...

Hello, first time poster. I was able to reinstate my old account, so now I have two. Did a quick research and was able to dual box novicely. Now ive mentioned it on some guildmates (just joined them couple of days ago) and I was informed, even 'broadcasting' keys by using a third party software is illegal for FF:Realm Reborn. Anyone have any experience or knowledge with this issue? Im afraid to continue on playing if it would cause infraction on both accounts and get penalized if it is. Ive tried googling on this issue and couldnt really find an actual official response on where Square-Enix stands about using this type of software.

Thank you for your time and consideration!
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Re: Just started dual boxing today...

As with any of these types of questions, we are not the authority on it, only the game publisher/manager can answer your question with authority.

That said, it is not disallowed in their user agreement, nor their "prohibited activities".
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/rule. ... &tag=users
http://support.eu.square-enix.com/faqar ... =5383&la=2

And there has not been any reports that I can recall of people banned due to multiboxing on FF XIV.
<<

Enan1981

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:18 pm

Re: Just started dual boxing today...

I literally just called S-E on this issue and even they dont have an official stance on multiboxing. Its allowed, but just to be safe, do not use any types of third party software even if it is key broadcast on Mac. So id rather just not do it :( Thank you very much for your quick response ^_^

Return to Final Fantasy XIV