FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

FFXIV Question

Moderator: MiRai

<<

cravenmagic

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:59 am

FFXIV Question

Well now for another topic, key broadcasting works for 1-= but nothing else I set up in game seems to work. I set up a simple assist and follow macro on hotbar7 and assigned "Shift+Q" and "Shift+E" to each respectively. It works if the slave window is currently primary but not if it is secondary. I went to the ISboxer and tried to add "Shift+Q" and "Shift+E" to the Always on section using the key mapping wizard and then exported all to Inner Space, but this doesn't do anything either.

I just want to know how to make shift + (random key) work. My second skill bar is set to shift+(#) and none of them are transmitting to the slave either.

EDIT: I found the follow me and assist me sections in ISboxer and set them to "Shift+Q" and "Shift+E" and that now works. I still cannot figure out how to get shift+1-= to work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:07 am

Re: Second client crashes after Square Enix Logo

Shift+1 through Shift+= can be enabled by setting Hotkeys in the "ISB42 - Combat Broadcast Hotkeys" Key Map, for existing Mapped Keys. They do not have Hotkeys by default, you would have had to tick a box on the last page of the Quick Setup Wizard to add Shift :)

tried to add "Shift+Q" and "Shift+E" to the Always on section

Generally you don't want to do that, because you might want to use your Hotkeys for something else ... like .. typing a capital Q or capital E. To do that, you would usually temporarily turn off Hotkeys with Shift+Alt+M (or clicking the icon)
<<

cravenmagic

Post Fri Jan 06, 2017 11:49 am

Re: Second client crashes after Square Enix Logo

Man this is not as intuitive as I was hoping >.<
Ok I cleared out everything, started with the quick start wizard completely from scratch. I checked the 3 boxes for transmitting 1-= for shift, ctrl, alt. When I have a skill in the second hotbar, say in slot 3 which in game is set to Shift+3, it still will not transmit my pressing of shift+3 to the slave client.

I grabbed a http://pastebin.com/3sJNqeNG of the Key Maps, not sure it will help.
Perhaps I am not explaining my intent? Hotbar 2 has 1-= set to Shift + 1-= respectively. When I press Shift+3 I expect the slave client to have the third spell slot in hotbar 2 activate, but nothing happens.
<<

cravenmagic

Post Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:18 am

Re: FFXIV Question

Ok I figured it out on my own.
In order to get "shift+1-=" to work I had to go into ISBoxer> click on the + for the Key Maps> Click on ISB42 - Combat Broadcast (not the one that says hotkeys)> go to the section below listing all the ctrl/shift/alt + # area and click on each one I wanted to broadcast correctly and change the following;

Once you have done the above and clicked on the key combo you want, such as Shift +1, then a screen directly to the right will show some information. If "Hold any Keystroke Actions while Hotkey is held" is set to Off, click on the drop down menu and set it to on.
Now go up to File at the top left of ISBoxer and "Export all to inner space". Check your game and the keys should now be broadcasting correctly.

Way too many options man, I may never know what even half the ISBoxer options do.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Jan 08, 2017 11:42 am

Re: FFXIV Question

Good call on the Hold option.

To explain, some games check for modifiers at the wrong time and/or with the wrong API. What they should be doing is using the modifier states at the time the key, e.g. 1, is pressed; but often times (in various games developed by various companies) the 1 gets put in a queue and processed later, and then they check if Shift is pressed at this new time. We would not typically notice during regular gameplay because we are slower than we realize at pressing the keys, so the modifier is usually still manually held. So many game developers don't notice/realize it, and if told about it probably won't devote time to the issue. (Although in many games it is only a matter of switching from GetAsyncKeyState to GetKeyState!)

Using the Hold option means ISBoxer will be sure to continue holding the keys while your slow human self is actually holding the Hotkey, instead of trying to be quick about it.

Be advised the Hold option may prevent use of the Auto-Assist option for these keys by creating a modifier conflict (if it's asked to press a different modifier to do the assist, but also needs the Hold option, you could end up with Shift+Alt+1 or such and the game may interpret it differently).

and a little note.. I was going to respond and suggest just enabling the option on the Key Map, but your correct observation that they are set to "Off" and not "Default (Off)" means the keys are overriding the Key Map's option. I'll have to update them to use Default.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV