FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Issue regarding slaves windows/mouse broadcasting/movement

Moderator: MiRai

<<

hotnutz

Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:03 am

Issue regarding slaves windows/mouse broadcasting/movement

The title is a bit confusing so I want to apologize for that. But I have noticed an issue, which is not super important, but annoying when you are used to doing it.

There are times in other games such as WoW when I would turn on mouse broadcasting temporarily, hold right click, and turn my characters or just slightly adjust things. I am not a huge fan of keyboard turning if it is not necessary. (and yes I do have hotkeys set up to turn my slaves when I need it, but there are certain situations where I would prefer the mouse method)

But what I noticed is in FFXIV, when you turn on mouse broadcasting, hold right click and move the mouse, the main window reacts appropriately, but the slave windows only receive the right click and wont recognize the movement while the right click is held. It is the same when holding the left mouse button, such as if you were trying to adjust all toons cameras at the same time.

I am not sure if this is a limitation in regards to the game or if there is something I can do in ISBoxer to get this to work.
<<

lax

Site Admin

Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:29 am

Re: Issue regarding slaves windows/mouse broadcasting/movement

Sounds like an issue broadcasting relative mouse movement in FFXIV. I'll have to check it out -- no there is not something you can adjust, it'll require an Inner Space update to correct
<<

hotnutz

Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 11:39 am

Thanks for the quick response Lax. I assumed that's what it was.

Also the actual visual of the simulated cursor of the slave windows seems like it it a portion of the actual cursor image being displayed. For example if your main windows cursor is an arrow the slaves show maybe 1/4 of that image (lower left maybe?) and same with chat bubble cursor showing a semi circle. Not a huge issue, but when its the main cursor, and if you need to see it on the slaves for whatever reason, it makes it hard to see. Obviously this is just a cosmetic thing, but thought I would mention it.

Thanks again for all your hard work and the time you put into this software.
<<

hotnutz

Post Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:10 pm

Just an update/more info for you Lax.

It only works correctly when you hold either mouse button and drag the mouse, while inside of the in game map and while moving menus. Click and drag outside of that, as to adjust camera or turn characters and this is where it is not functioning properly.

Just a little added info to help you.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV