FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

2nd window lag

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Tashitaru

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:28 pm

2nd window lag

when running a second character on the same PC, the inactive one falls behind, i eventually have to stop and either go back far enough so they can follow again, or catch them up. I'm not sure if it's something configured wrong or if it's my pc unable to play both. Should i not have them both full screen ? I don't care much for the multiview layouts provided. Not sure using them would make it worse or not.

I currently use a GeForce GT 740, AMD FX 8 core processor with only 16g of Ram

Currently they're both set up like i said, full screen one behind the other.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:37 pm

Re: 2nd window lag

You could try setting the games to use the same FPS. You can do this either in the CPU Strategy Wizard, or by selecting on your character set, for each slot, and the performance tab, you can set foreground/background FPS. While your in here, make sure to set the CPU strategy to All windows use all cores (the last one in the drop down list).

The in-game settings should not be fullscreen, but if you choose a fullscreen window layout in ISBoxer it wouldn't matter, in fact those how quite a few people roll.

Also, do your toons have the same movement speed?
<<

Tashitaru

Post Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:41 pm

bob wrote:You could try setting the games to use the same FPS. You can do this either in the CPU Strategy Wizard, or by selecting on your character set, for each slot, and the performance tab, you can set foreground/background FPS. While your in here, make sure to set the CPU strategy to All windows use all cores (the last one in the drop down list).

The in-game settings should not be fullscreen, but if you choose a fullscreen window layout in ISBoxer it wouldn't matter, in fact those how quite a few people roll.

I will try these...and also

I didn't know that some had diff speeds? they use their Unicorns...?
<<

Tashitaru

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:27 am

I did everything previously mentioned, she still stutter steps

edit ***actually it seems to keep dropping background back down to 30
<<

Tashitaru

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:37 am

Also, when she's the main window, the other 2 lag behind her (the 3rd being on a laptop)
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:42 am

Final Fantasy XIV is incredibly FPS dependent, and if you can't give it a lot of FPS in each window then you're likely going to have issues. I'm pretty sure the game itself also has a built-in FPS limiter for the background game clients, so you may need to adjust that as well as the option in ISBoxer.
<<

bob

League of Extraordinary Multiboxers

Post Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:59 am

According to various commentary, a 750 GTi does quite well with this game, "rocking" 60FPS most of the time when running minimal settings in the game. You have a GT740, which depending on which review site you want to believe, is about 50% to as low as 35% the processing power of a 750GTi.

It is possible you may be hitting the limits of your card, which you will only know if you do a little bit of monitoring. http://isboxer.com/wiki/HOWTO:Tweak_you ... ottlenecks

It's also worth noting that FPS drops quite noticeably in this game in populated areas.

Return to Final Fantasy XIV