FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

imput lag and lag in general

Moderator: MiRai

<<

Plaiides

Post Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:18 pm

imput lag and lag in general

Hello i just started multiboxing a realm reborn got my follow assist working and everything but i cant get over the massive lag i get on my non focused window like my driver window which i use to controll toons is fine but i notice on my other 3toons they have massive imput lag and lagging in general now ive set my cpu managemnt for roundrobin but i have a i7 5820k and a gefore gtx980 running 16gb ram at 2800mhz , is there an optimal setting that people use for this? or a resolution, for example when i turn on broadcasting and bring up the main menu it takes atleast 2 or more seconds for the other toons menu to pop up.

im sorry if my explanation is not the greatest but was looking to see if anyone has a solution
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:55 am

Re: imput lag and lag in general

Having not played FFXIV in some time, I'm not really sure if something possibly "broke" in terms of compatibility, but when I did play it everything was very FPS-bound. Meaning, that if I didn't gave high FPS in all of the game clients that most things would be very laggy. However, something could have changed now that FFXIV supports both DX9 and DX11, but I do not believe the Inner Space supports the DX11 version at this time.
<<

Plaiides

Post Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:46 pm

so first off thanks for responding to my thread, i have looked more into this problem and i have noticed that my frames per second on the non active windows are down to like 5fps and whichever window i active the frames boost up to at least 100 so , i have disabled the limit frames in isboxer but it has not done anything... i also looked at the ingame settings and disables any options that would be limiting my frames

i get about 10 more frames on the inactive windows with round robing balancing cpu strategy anything other its stuck at 10fps until the main window is focused then it skyrockets to 100

also anytime i try and add a cpu to a slot i get lower frames i think there might be something going on with isboxer or it could very well be my setup also but right now im capped at 20fps on my inactive windows which makes some lag and input lag but the minute its focused i get my full frames
<<

MiRai

Vibrant Videographer

Post Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:54 am

I don't have more than one active FFXIV account at this time, so testing this is quite difficult, but I added a single FFXIV character to my 3-man Character Set to see if I could produce similar results. Unfortunately, I cannot, but honestly that doesn't mean much since we are using dissimilar hardware.

What we normally have people do in situations like this is to monitor what their hardware is doing, so that they can see if there's a bottleneck. Also, the easiest way to tell if you've got a bottleneck somewhere is to launch less game clients to see if performance improves. If it does, then clearly a piece of hardware is being overloaded either because it's not strong enough to handle that many game clients, or because it may be configured incorrectly.
<<

Plaiides

Post Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:36 pm

So with a few tweaks to my graphical settings and in isboxer i seem to have gotten alot better , there is hardly any input lag and frames issues anymore, although i will have to do some additional testing with my setup well my cpu and gpu setup but i will defenatly check that out.

Thanks for all the help and advice given if you find out anythink more or if i do il reply to this thread

thanks
<<

hotnutz

Post Sat Nov 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Plaiides wrote:So with a few tweaks to my graphical settings and in isboxer i seem to have gotten alot better , there is hardly any input lag and frames issues anymore, although i will have to do some additional testing with my setup well my cpu and gpu setup but i will defenatly check that out.

Thanks for all the help and advice given if you find out anythink more or if i do il reply to this thread

thanks

Could you list what other changes you made, as to help out others looking to multibox FFXIV?
<<

Plaiides

Post Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:33 pm

i believe i started with reducing the graphics to minimum on the other 3 instances of FF14, i still keep my main screen at about medium settings which is my tank.
Then i messed with the cpu cores and assigned certain amounts of cores per instance and of course the frame limiter, to be honest though i have since changed my config and i am still getting a bit of input lag for which i need to fix but generally those settings seemed to help the most.

1. in-game graphics settings
2. Cpu strategy
3. Frame limiter

there seems to be a golden zone between all those configs for a smooth game

sorry if its not the greatest explanation let me know how things go

Return to Final Fantasy XIV